What age would you think a bunk bed is ok?

hypnorm

Reaction score
Thinking about sleeping arrangements once baby comes along after christmas.
We have a threee bed house, Ewan currently has the small room, and we have a double in the middle room and we have the larger room,

Now i have two ideas... put cot in middle room with the double bed then if people want to visit we can sleep in with baby and visitors use our bed.
or
get rid of double bed and put bunk bed or similar in middle room move Ewan to big room then if people stay they would either have an air bed in the front room or if just one person they could sleep in with ewan on the bunk.

Then baby has small room.

BUt as Ewan is only going to be 3.5 when baby arrives do you think a bunk would be ok? he can climb fine. or visitors use top bunk lol!!

my niece is 3 and she has bunk beds and gets on fine with them x

I pushed my sister off the top bunk when I was 7 and she was 5.. :blush: Not my proudest moment and she landed on a dolls cot and broke her arm.

Apart from that, it was fine. We shouldn't have both been up there.

i had a two bed house when my daughter woz born & i bought buck beds when she woz 18 months old.my son had the top bunk when he woz 5...it had detachable ladders so that my daughter wasnt able to climb to the top bunk..they got on fine with them, i dont see it wouldnt b a problem xxx

lol .... oops.

My only concern is when he is ill .. suppose the best thing would be to put him on the bottom. and use the top for special occasions..
Mind you if i have another boy they will be sharing the middle room.
so that we can have the spare room again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->