What an awful thing to do to babies

Dermatologically maybe. I'm pretty certain UK products can't have any part tested on animals, though of course some ingredients will have been in the past. I'm pretty sure I looked this up after a debate thread some time ago. I think it only applies to things manufactured in the UK. I vaguely recall some intention for this to become EU wide but that decisions are due now-ish or soon so there was no outcome at the time I looked into it. There may then have been developments since.

PB - I was under the impression that cosmetics companies still had to have 'new' ingredients tested, hence the disclaimer 'x company does not test on animals unless required by law'. Did i make that up? I have a habit of doing that at the moment! :dohh:

i dont know about that tbh, the reason i get so angry with P&G is because they continue to test products that they have already tested and have on sale. whereas most companies who test on animals stop testing once that product has been released.

its like IAMS, i refuse point blank to buy they stuff because they killed hundreds of dogs and cats to "make it perfect" and when you look at the ingredients in the product its really no better then any other cat or dog food...but those other companies didnt kill hundreds of animals with liver disease doing it.

sorry im going off on a rant. P&G really really make me mad (and upset). i know its hard to boycott something, let alone a company as varied and vast as P&G, but there ARE alternative products, and it doesnt take long to pick up say a laundry detergent look on the back see its P&G and put it down. it might not work for every product you buy, but i bet most people could cut P&G out of their shopping by at LEAST 50% if they tried.

and thats the same for nestle. i never heard of what they did till today and i will try my best to boycott them too.

PB - I was under the impression that cosmetics companies still had to have 'new' ingredients tested, hence the disclaimer 'x company does not test on animals unless required by law'. Did i make that up? I have a habit of doing that at the moment! :dohh:

i dont know about that tbh, the reason i get so angry with P&G is because they continue to test products that they have already tested and have on sale. whereas most companies who test on animals stop testing once that product has been released.

its like IAMS, i refuse point blank to buy they stuff because they killed hundreds of dogs and cats to "make it perfect" and when you look at the ingredients in the product its really no better then any other cat or dog food...but those other companies didnt kill hundreds of animals with liver disease doing it.

sorry im going off on a rant. P&G really really make me mad (and upset). i know its hard to boycott something, let alone a company as varied and vast as P&G, but there ARE alternative products, and it doesnt take long to pick up say a laundry detergent look on the back see its P&G and put it down. it might not work for every product you buy, but i bet most people could cut P&G out of their shopping by at LEAST 50% if they tried.

and thats the same for nestle. i never heard of what they did till today and i will try my best to boycott them too.

I had no idea about P&G! I heard some stuff about Iams vaguely but had no idea it was to that extent. Thanks for the info!

I'd happily boycott p&g but they do decent sanitary towels (Always), no others work (sorry tmi!)

Wow I didn't know any of this, its so upsetting :cry: xx

I'd happily boycott p&g but they do decent sanitary towels (Always), no others work (sorry tmi!)

you could boycott their other products. its hard for anyone to boycott every product from a company as big as P&G. but by doing what you can your doing something :) x

I think the only things I use of theirs is duracell batteries, Always and fairy. I could easily change fairy but Always are the only ones that work for me too and duracell are good batteries but if I can find other ones as good I'd happily change that too.

It seems like everything is owned by just a handful of companies these days, I hate that, thats why I try and buy local and small company stuff as much as possible.

I think the only things I use of theirs is duracell batteries, Always and fairy. I could easily change fairy but Always are the only ones that work for me too and duracell are good batteries but if I can find other ones as good I'd happily change that too.

It seems like everything is owned by just a handful of companies these days, I hate that, thats why I try and buy local and small company stuff as much as possible.

yes here they own Dawn which is the same as fairy. so i switched. battery wise, energizer are just as good as duracell. they are the two leading competitors (like tesco vs asda).

i agree about the company thing, so many big companies take over the small ones. its sad but at the same time, its sometimes the only way to keep the small companies products going when they cant afford to themselves.

Thankfully most cleaning products we use are made by supermarkets or small stand-alone companies that have nothing to do with big corporations like nestle, I hate nestle chocolate and sweets as well, didn't know that about P&G, will try to look for alternative toiletries and toothpaste in future xx

yes here they own Dawn which is the same as fairy. so i switched. battery wise, energizer are just as good as duracell. they are the two leading competitors (like tesco vs asda).

i agree about the company thing, so many big companies take over the small ones. its sad but at the same time, its sometimes the only way to keep the small companies products going when they cant afford to themselves.

Last time I tried energizer they ran out real quick but I'll try them again.

And sadly thats true about small companies. There doesn't seem to be room in the world for small companies anymore :(

And sadly thats true about small companies. There doesn't seem to be room in the world for small companies anymore :(

you know with how much batteries cost these days, i found buying a pack of rechargeable and paying the one time high price and buying a cheap charger was the better option. especially now with LO here and all these toys that needs batteries!

Not read the whole thread. But do they actually still do this?

Nestle? Yes they do; I posted an article from 2007 from the Guardian; they are still at the exact same behaviour in countries such as Bangladesh including paying health professionals to say to poor mums in hospital that their milk will never be adequate so they need to introduce topups of (surprise, surprise!) nestle formula from day one. They also make little flyers with the picture and name of the formula on; nestle claim they are memo pads for doctors but really the intention is that the mum who is illiterate will take one of these into a shop or pharmacy so the shopkeeper will know which formula she wants to buy.

you know with how much batteries cost these days, i found buying a pack of rechargeable and paying the one time high price and buying a cheap charger was the better option. especially now with LO here and all these toys that needs batteries!

Thats a good idea, we do have rechargable batteries but never use them for some reason

We use rechargeable batteries not quite but almost exclusively. Much better for the environment aside from everything else.

Beware supermarket own brands as often that are made by the same big companies as the brand names.

but what about Proctor and Gamble? I garuntee you all have a product in your house owned by them, and who are they? only one of the worlds biggest animal testing company, and not just on rabbits and mice, but dogs and cats too.

But... they own Pampers in the UK... :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->