What an awful thing to do to babies

Can't go wrong with reusables kittycat. :thumbup:

I seriously did consider it but it's impractical in our house. There is already 4 people living here and one more when the babys born. Not to mention when my sister stays and I do nannys washing as-well. So it's done in bulk once a week. Not only that but I don't have the stomach for it. Plus, at 8 weeks they will be going to Nursery so I can go back to College and the nursery won't allow cloth nappies because they are an "inconvenience" :shrug:

I really look forward to it with my second baby in a few years though.

but what about Proctor and Gamble? I garuntee you all have a product in your house owned by them, and who are they? only one of the worlds biggest animal testing company, and not just on rabbits and mice, but dogs and cats too.

But... they own Pampers in the UK... :cry:

I find certain huggies diapers are better then certain pampers one.

i hate huggies little snugglers BUT the huggies newborn series (i think they are called that in the UK - the organic cotton ones) are just fantastic and ive never had a problem with them as long as you remember to pull all the frills out all the way around the legs! :thumbup:

I think nestle have rectified everything. That is an old issue now.

If I had time to check every product I'd be boycotting them. But if I'm honest, OH's family business stock purina and winalot products, and nothing would really stop them. They need the income.

What they did was truly awful, but let's face it, massive companies tend to make profits in bad ways, they cut corners, lie, use made up words to persuade uneducated (and educated actually...) people, the fact this affected babies on a large scale is horrendous, but I know of many companies who have been investigated for similar atrocities.

I think nestle have rectified everything. That is an old issue now.

i wouldnt say its old if its still going on in 2007.

It's still going on today: https://info.babymilkaction.org/pressrelease/pressrelease15may11

To harm infants knowingly via irresponsible marketing in 70s- barbaric and wicked

To continue doing so for 30+ years despite community censure and global condemnation by trying to slip things through the cracks - does evil know no bounds ?

My house is a nestle free zone and I will continue to highlight the issue and encourage others to do so.

Those poor babies and mothers :( I just don't understand how people can do this sort of thing and live with themselves.
I really wish I wasn't muching on rolos when I read this..

I'm genuniely horrified this is still going on.

Printed off the list so I can memorise what else I need to boycott.

Yes so many people assume nestle have stopped as the boycott doesn't receive much publicity anymore. I remember hearing about Davina McCall being rejected as an NCT spokeswoman as she advertised ganier products

I only learnt of this recently too. Such a disgusting horrible thing to do as a huge company who, you would've thought, would know better.

has anyone got a list of P&G and nestle products seriously wanting to boycott them both after reading the above article :cry:

<3

has anyone got a list of P&G and nestle products seriously wanting to boycott them both after reading the above article :cry:

<3

i wonder if these links can be added to the first page so that they are easy to find:

here are nestles list:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nestl%C3%A9_brands

P&G:
https://www.pg.com/en_US/brands/all_brands.shtml

https://www.pandgkills.com/cf.html - this second list at the top of the article has a link to a list of alternative products that are free from animal testing!

Buying cosmetics made in the UK cuts out the animal testing as it has been illegal to test of use ingredients tested on animals in the UK since Labour changed the law shortly after coming into power in 1997. Of course if, like me, you use the minimum of cosmetics/toiletries it's easier to be more selective of what you use.

P&G own pretty much everything Nestle don't so I agree they are even harder to boycott! I don't just boycott Nestle because of the baby stuff but because of their overall lack of ethics. I also don't use Asda and Tesck because if their ethics/political stance.

It's all a good argument for buying local and fresh. For preparing your own things and using products with natural ingredients. I think in this day and age it must require a Good Life level of commitment to get anywhere near overall ethical shopping.

Can you elaborate on Asda and Tesco please? I'd be really interested as they're my two local stores. There's a Sainsburys a bit further away that I'd switch to if it turns out Asda and Tesco are up to no good too! X

Buying cosmetics made in the UK cuts out the animal testing as it has been illegal to test of use ingredients tested on animals in the UK since Labour changed the law shortly after coming into power in 1997. Of course if, like me, you use the minimum of cosmetics/toiletries it's easier to be more selective of what you use.

P&G own pretty much everything Nestle don't so I agree they are even harder to boycott! I don't just boycott Nestle because of the baby stuff but because of their overall lack of ethics. I also don't use Asda and Tesck because if their ethics/political stance.

It's all a good argument for buying local and fresh. For preparing your own things and using products with natural ingredients. I think in this day and age it must require a Good Life level of commitment to get anywhere near overall ethical shopping.

Can you elaborate on Asda and Tesco please? I'd be really interested as they're my two local stores. There's a Sainsburys a bit further away that I'd switch to if it turns out Asda and Tesco are up to no good too! X

Im not sure on those two, but i can guarantee you will find all large companies have been un-ethical in their time, some even worse than those mentioned :nope:

I've not read the whole thread, and I already boycott P&G because of Iams pet food, and have protested againt them. I know nestle have been really unethical...but are they CURRENTLY doing all these things? Because surely most companies will have been unethical in their time?!

Also, peanutbean, it's not entirely true about using uk products not being tested on animals, the body shop (which is known for being so 'animal' friendly) is owned by Loreal..one of the biggest offenders. Also, I could be wrong, but I think if you test a product on animals and then leave it 5 years before taking it to the shelves, it ca be classed as not having been tested on animals.

I'm all for boycots, but shouldn't compnies be allowed to change?!

I've not read the whole thread, and I already boycott P&G because of Iams pet food, and have protested againt them. I know nestle have been really unethical...but are they CURRENTLY doing all these things? Because surely most companies will have been unethical in their time?!

Also, peanutbean, it's not entirely true about using uk products not being tested on animals, the body shop (which is known for being so 'animal' friendly) is owned by Loreal..one of the biggest offenders. Also, I could be wrong, but I think if you test a product on animals and then leave it 5 years before taking it to the shelves, it ca be classed as not having been tested on animals.

I'm all for boycots, but shouldn't compnies be allowed to change?!

Yes, they are, and yes, companies are allowed to change if they want to, but Nestle does not seem to think they should or need to.

Exactly Pepsichic - they barely even bother to make excuses anymore. They may as well just shrug their shoulders and say 'well... you know that's how we roll'!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->