What are my chances of miscarrying again?

MissBabyFace

Angel baby 04/12/2010
Reaction score
Okay basicaly I had my first pregnancy last October and sadly I miscarried in December the DR asked me NOT to get pregnant until atleast 3 months late, I obeyed by his order and we started TTC again in March 2011.

Each month so far has been negative, negative, negative.

This month "feels" different I havent been obsessive about everything we had sex on my fertile days (the days I THOUGHT I was fertile) I'm sure I ovulated late and anyway, AF was due 4th of May and that date has come and gone it's now the 7th and there is still no signs, usually I get cramps, shooting pains in my back and the day before brown discharge I've had none of that.

So because of the lack of symptoms of AF and the AF NOT showing up this is the closest I'm thinking that MAYBE I could be pregnant and all that's going through my mind is "what if I am pregnant and I lose the baby again" I never thought I'd be a women to dwell on something thats happened but I'm so worried about it. What are my true chances of me getting pregnant a second time and miscarrying again?

Would also like to add my mum has fertility issues, not genetic or anything but it took her 8 miscarriages andf 20 years to conceive me and 23 years to conceive my brother, could I have these problems too?

Hi MissBabyFace,

Sorry for your loss hun :hugs:

Unfortunately the chances of a MC are the same for everyone, some doctors say its one in three pregnancies, other say one in four. Just because you have had one doesn't mean to say you will or you won't have another one. I'm sorry but I'd rather be honest than for you to think it won't happen again.

As for getting BFN's, you may have ovulated later than you used to as cycles can change after a MC. Is this your first cycle after your loss? I think the first cycle will almost certainly be a different length to what your pre loss cycles were.

Hang on in there and if still no AF of BFP, pay a trip to your doctor to get checked out :)

XxX

No I've had 4-5 periods since I miscarried in December and the last 2-3 have all been 28 day cycles on the day! I noticed this month on CD14 when I usuaully ovulate there's EWCM but there wasnt and around CD19 - CD21 there was so I KNEW I'd ovulated or was ovulating so me and OH :sex: so yes it could be extended period but I just "doubt" it I'm getting no symptoms like usually I dry up and I havent I'm getting loads and loads of CM which is varierying from watery to creamy and today woke up and had creamy-yellowish CM.

Getting a little bit of backache now but no cramps or anything, my boobs feel really heavy, areolas are brown, nipples burn, feel sick, pain inbetween my shoulder blades, stuffy nose. ALSO checked my CP and it's currently very high I can barely reach, soft and it's closed very tightly I just "feel" pregnant.

Is there ANYTHING I can do to help prevent a miscarriage any suppliments etc?

COME ON LADIES, 15+ views and 1 comment very helpful thanks ladies.

:test:

Thats the only way to find out for sure if you are pregnant or not. Did you have a scan when you mc?

Chances are that everything will be fine in your next pregnancy but you have a slightly higher risk than someone who hasn't mc.

I know why i mc it was because baby implanted too low in my womb, chances are small that would happen twice. Did the docs do any tests at the time?

I had a scan 4 days after I miscarried because I miscarried on a friday and they couldn't get me a scan until the tuesday. They said everything looked fine though. I did test but, it was negative but like I said I ovulated late this month so I'm anything from 9DPO - 13DPO maybe even less than 9DPO. I tested last on my AF due date and I have one test left don't want to waste it to be honest.

Your chances are exactly the same as before hun, no worse. :thumbup:

I had MMC last year and needed D&C. We started trying after one AF but I didn't ovulate again until after the third AF. We conceived that month and I am now 13.3 weeks pregnant.

So far so good. I listen to bubs everyday on my doppler so no doubt at all that this one is a keeper!!

There is every chance you could be preggers again and fx'd for you. I won't lie though, you will worry constantly but that is what the early pregnancy units are for - to get you through :thumbup:

Keep us updated when you test x

Your chances are exactly the same as before hun, no worse. :thumbup:

I had MMC last year and needed D&C. We started trying after one AF but I didn't ovulate again until after the third AF. We conceived that month and I am now 13.3 weeks pregnant.

So far so good. I listen to bubs everyday on my doppler so no doubt at all that this one is a keeper!!

There is every chance you could be preggers again and fx'd for you. I won't lie though, you will worry constantly but that is what the early pregnancy units are for - to get you through :thumbup:

Keep us updated when you test x

Congratulations on being pregnant hun a happy and healthy 9 months to you!! :hugs:

Yeah I can imagine just thinking "I could be pregnant" is making me worry to be honest but my DR did say when I get pregnant again at 5-7 weeks he'll send me for an early pregnancy scan to make sure the baby is fine and everything inside is as it should be.

Thanks hun will definitely keep you all updated just hope it is a BFP and a bean that sticks this time. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->