What are some names you dislike?

People may get offended, but that's just silly! It's a baby name forum & the point is to discuss baby names. My son's name is Jayden, & i don't get offended. I hear people bash "ayden" names on here all the time. I think it's also a cultural thing. I often hear people say on here that they don't like "American" sounding names... seems "american" names & "ayden" names are "chavvy" in the UK. That's fine. Doesn't offend me at all. I love the name Jayden, so hearing other's opinions interests me.

Anyhow, some names i hate:

Alfred, Connor, Oscar, Dexter, Felix, Aiden, Mason, Graham, Theodore, Eugene, Edward, Owen

Evangeline, Morgan, Desiree, Caroline, Evelyn, Marilyn, Amy, Elizabeth/Eliza/Beth, Grace, Matilda

(Most of these names are fine on people i know... they are just names i don't like for new babies, if that makes sense?) :shrug:

I'm offended, my dogs called Oscar and my LO is called Amy :rofl: lol :flower:

I tend to not like names that I associate with people I dont like. Eg. every time I hear the name Elisha/Alisha, I cringe. Not so much because I dont like the name, but because I just think of that horrible, theiving girl I went to school with!

aw; my name is Zoee; haha. :)
um... i have a baby names app on my iPhone && in the american section there is actually names like Babyboy && Babygirl... who would actually name their child this? sorry if anyone actually likes either of those.. :S a

hopefuly ur the exception lol
i may have been unlucky not meeting a nice zoe before lol

I don't like the name Skylar for a boy. It's just too...sissy sounding. Also not a fan of Cash.
On my iPhone, I have an app that has a mb attached to it. One woman on there was considering naming her son Seyton. Like...pronounced the same as the dark overlord. Poor kid. :(

Being a teacher there are often names you associate with that child that made your class hell! One was Karl (but dh is Karl!!) and another is Daniel. I have cousins and nephews called Daniel so I wouldn't use it anyway. I also have a cousin called Charlene (poor thing!) my last class had 3 Emily's. 2 lovely, one not so! So that name is a definite no no. Have also heard of a child with the middle name Bacardi and another with the middle name Ultimate warrior (seriously!). Oh, and one called Tia Maria (I kid you not!) I like traditional but uncommon. All our future names have a ukranian origin because of dh's heritage so they're a little strange. Am going to cause some teachers some nightmares with pronouncing Ksenia!

Being a teacher there are often names you associate with that child that made your class hell! One was Karl (but dh is Karl!!) and another is Daniel. I have cousins and nephews called Daniel so I wouldn't use it anyway. I also have a cousin called Charlene (poor thing!) my last class had 3 Emily's. 2 lovely, one not so! So that name is a definite no no. Have also heard of a child with the middle name Bacardi and another with the middle name Ultimate warrior (seriously!). Oh, and one called Tia Maria (I kid you not!) I like traditional but uncommon. All our future names have a ukranian origin because of dh's heritage so they're a little strange. Am going to cause some teachers some nightmares with pronouncing Ksenia!

I love the name Daniel, but every Daniel I have known/know is a little bugger :haha: Which is why i never used it for ds!

Unusual spellings for the sake of being different really really bug me -I mean if the name is pronounced the same then what's the point :shrug:

Im called Amy and I hate it.... its so common, my mother says that she thaught it was unusual and unique... i 1984.. really??? she had another girl in 2003 and wanted a very unique name for her so she considered allsorsts, persephanie and keberon amont the sugestions and then settled on Eve.. really again mother... a daughter destined to have to have her lastname initial said after her name in class forever! there were 4 Amy's in my class and my sister has 2 friends called evie and an eve.... so i hate too common, but very dating names!

Also i dislike the -ayden type names it must be such a nightmare being a teacher with a class full of kaydens and jaydens. Also as terrilea said the unisex names such as Ashley, Tyler, Taylor, Morgan.

I dont understand names that are commonly used as last names such as Harrison, harry is a lovely name.. but why the son, especially if the father is not called harry.. oh and that leads me onto children named after their fathers! especially daughters names after their fathers like brianna.

Lastly I think it is nice that people choose names from another country if they pronounce them properly.. the example of this is the name freya.. I live in Sweden and I love this name, (Freja) and pronounced "Frrrrey-a" but so often i have heared it pronounced in the UK as "frey-aaaaarr"

so all in all choosing a name is going to be very hard! it is lucky we get 9 months to prepare hehe

:flower:

you think thats bad? there is a baby girl name in the book called anal... who wouold call their kid that?

my son knows a boy called khansa... first time i read that i pronounced it very wrong.

It's in my baby name book too!! :dohh:
Along with 'consolation' - I mean who on earth would call their child 'consolation'?

I tend to have names I dislike, then I meet a nice person with that name and change my mind!

As a rule though I tend to dislike hyphenated names that aren't very well thought out - like hard to say and don't 'flow' - if that makes any sense. It just looks like you couldn't decide between 2 names. Some 2 part names are lovely though - I like ones that the second part is 'Ann' or 'Rose' :)

there was a women on a american chat show called chatchat lol

Hmm..
I just basically don't like unisex names really irrates me i avoid them as best i can most unisex names i see them as either boy's name or girl's anyway they suit a certain gender better anyway...

Im not a fan of old fashioned names like Derick,Jennifer,Violet,Arfur,Lydia etc
or names that people spell weird and can't pronoun i just wouldn't want to send my kid to school and no1 knows how to say there name or constantly having to correct them :dohh: ..

Iv got a boy and his names Mason-Jack .. to me thats a stable name Jack is such a strong name its like not too old fashioned it suits a baby/toddler and a adult :)!

I hate my name :dohh: Rebecca my middle names boring too but its spelt different who knows why my parents decided that way :haha: Clare .. (instead of Claire) but my best friends name is Clair :shrug:

i liked the name Aidan (spelt like that ;) ) but found it really common so settled on Max Aidan instead.

Harriet was meant to be Evie but im so glad she wasnt because i know hundreds of evies!!!

Each to their own, but I wouldn't personally choose names like Rio, Harley etc. I once knew a child called Zed on work placement in a nursery, he was a cutie, although i would never choose that name myself.

I thought of a few more i don't like:

Sidney, Florence, & Lesley

and

Ethan & Benjamin

Again... no reason really... just personal preference. I think it's great people like different names... how boring life would be if we all had the same names! :thumbup:

I tend to like more names than I dislike..but I am not a big fan of unisex names- I think they work for girls, (and can be cute), but i couldn't imagine naming my son Stacey, or Shannon, or Taylor... (I just associate them with girls names- that could be a cultural thing though). I also am not a fan of really old names like Carl (which happens to be my hubby's name, haha, he isn't a fan either-he hates his name), Earl, Florence, Gertrude, Olga, Jennifer, Wilma, ...lol....I think all the previously mentioned are named I strongly dislike.

you think thats bad? there is a baby girl name in the book called anal... who wouold call their kid that?

my son knows a boy called khansa... first time i read that i pronounced it very wrong.

anal.......? wow;
I would pronounce that Cancer? how is it actually pronounced?

Hmmmm, names I dislike.... any girls name that is hyphanated and ends with Mae! Demi-Mae, Ellie-Mae....very chavvy where I come from!

Boys names,hmm I guess things like Francis, Lesley and Neil.... not really got reason, just find them a tad old and boring! Really don't like anything chavvy though....boy or girl!!

anal.......? wow;
I would pronounce that Cancer? how is it actually pronounced?

I'd pronounce it Kan-zer.. I'm also curious to know the actual pronounciation!

I cant stand the name Jayden for a boy...but I LOVE It for a girl.

I hate the names: Cassidy and Bridget, due to classmates with those names, they were horrible girls.

its funny how many of us who hate certain names are because we no nasty people with them names lol

Ooooooooooo loads
Spesh old ones like
George, edward, richard (DH is called that :rofl:), Henry, Albert, Andrew, Geoffrey

Bleugh

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->