What are some names you dislike?

its funny how many of us who hate certain names are because we no nasty people with them names lol

I don't hate names because of people - I love the name Freja & I got bullied for 7 years by a girl of that name! SHE was a bitch, but the name is lush! The only reason I wouldn't use names of people I don't know is that they might think I've named the baby after them! That could be an awkward conversation :haha:

and for girls

Harmony, Destiny, Chastity, etc

My name is Ysatis (Eesa-tees), really hard to say at first & no one knows how to spell it when I say it I usually go by 'Ysa' though (sounds like Lisa but no 'L'). My name means 10,000 women in 1 - it's supposedly French but no 100% sure on that.. It was a perfume that my mom was in love with back in the '80's :haha:

I don't care for names like Faith, Hope, Grace, etc & I don't like traditional names so much like Thomas (FIL's name), Anne, etc, although I really do like Katherine. I have the name Willow picked out for a girl, it seems to becoming more popular, but I've wanted it for so long that it doesn't seem fair to give it up.. :)

I have Anais, Dylan and Harry and i chose them all for personal reasons and loved them, plus i liked the fact they all went well together but i now hate the fact there are so many Harry's around >(

I hate 'ayden' names.... they are awful and so chavvy!! I dont like pompous sounding names for boys like Theodore or Sebastian!
I hate flower names for girls like Poppy/Daisy/Rose etc and i also hate the names Kaci/Casey, Caitlyn, Freya, Eve/Evie/Eva etc........ BLUEGH!!!!

Thank you! I love it and i think its so good for every age.
My mum wore Anais Anais perfume when i was a kid and i always said if i ever had a daughter i would call her Anais :)

theo is my sons name its not pompous!! lol
anyway names i hate well theres quite a few!
anne
brayden
gordan
kevin
chloe
ricky
ralph
sabrina
louise i know its popular at the moment but i hate it!
jenna
carly
penny
lisa
becky
victoria
lee
daniel
andrew
william
frances
oh loads more i cant stand! lol

Theres just one name I can think of off hand and its Tristen, everytime I see/hear it I think 'tristen' :blush:

I don't like Skye George rio mason Kieran as a start

'Chavvy'

Maybe these will help:

https://blog.scotweb.co.uk/journal/2008/4/2/burberry-tm-bullies.html
https://chavspeak.info/category/pregnant-chavs
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chav

Think - trailor park meets running track, armed with a can of beer and a British bull dog tattoo!!

'Chavvy'

Maybe these will help:

https://blog.scotweb.co.uk/journal/2008/4/2/burberry-tm-bullies.html
https://chavspeak.info/category/pregnant-chavs
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chav

Think - trailor park meets running track, armed with a can of beer and a British bull dog tattoo!!

hahahaha

my ohs from glasgow and was confused when i said chav as he knows them as bams

Bernard, Dugald, Eugene, Doris,, Clarance, Dylan, Alfie (I know a guy with the name Alfie Seaman-- he won't tell anyone his last name)
I don't care for "earthy" names like Skye, Brooke, Willow, Summer etc. Yet I love the flower names- Lily, Rose, VIOLET (my first born daughter is most likely going to be called Violet)
My cousin wanted to name her first born if it was a boy RAGNAR? So glad she had a girl.

Made up names such as kai etc, any name that goes up in popularity the closer you get to a social housing estate.

kai is not a made up name the word kai is hawaiian for ocean and is a lovely name

'Popular' names I dislike, Aiden, Oscar, Charlie, Archie, Jordyn, Jayden, Jack, Kaiden for boys, Lilly, Madison, Leah for girls.

I'm not too keen on 'celebrity' names, Coco, Apple, Luna, Cruz etc.

Also 'chavvy' names, Destiny, Chantelle, Trinity and names with a different spelling, Fayth etc.

Though, saying that I have an Ava, whish is pretty common now, though I am yet to meet one in real life, her middle name is Grace so quite a common name lol.

Ava was on my girls list but soon as i wrote it down.. literally everyone was using the name theres 5 Ava's i know of no adults just kids.. all got either Grace,Rose,Mae for middle names so popular now! Someone i know wanted the name then decided on Eva instead sort for Evalyn :)

Heard a name on the bus the other day..

Never heard the name publicly
Porsha (or however its spelt)

Im not a fan of kids named after cars or animals :shrug:
It proberly will offend people if i say names i hear dogs called

I'm not a fan of traditional names and I tend to be a fan of boys names used as girls names. However its a little upsetting that my name for my little girl - Avery - is becoming popular. I read a book many many years ago (maybe 6 or 7) and the main character was a female and her name was Avery and I decided I LOVED that name for a girl. It wasn't at all popular then...now its becoming that way...but its ok.

I work at a children's summer camp and a lot of names I had to discard because they remind me of children I work with. We have a little boy, cutest little thing ever, and his name is Wolfgang nicknamed Wolfie...I mean...really?? We also had a boy once named Love (pronounced Loo-ve).

I grew up with a unique name - Damara (pronounced Duh-Marr-Uh) and is Greek for "gentle girl" and I have never met another person with my name. Its kind of lonely sometimes lol Which is why I'm semi-ok with Avery becoming kind of popular.

Heard a name on the bus the other day..

Never heard the name publicly
Porsha (or however its spelt)

Im not a fan of kids named after cars or animals :shrug:
It proberly will offend people if i say names i hear dogs called

Portia is a Shakespearian character :shock: I think you'll find the car is a Porsche, not a Porsha sound :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->