What are some names you dislike?

A girl here on BnB once knew someone who named their son Luke Sky Walker :rofl:

For any of those who are familiar with Star Wars :winkwink:

I'm really shocked actually... My DD is a Florence, and it's been mentioned loads on here as a name that people wouldn't like.

My boys name Reggie (Reginald) hasn't been mentioned once, and I honestly thought it would be the other way round which is really interesting.

Names I dislike are, Sebastian (reminds me of the crab in little mermaid) the "Aden" names, names that are miss spelled, double barrelled names (Billy-bob for example) place names, car names. I dislike The name Fred.

It's been really interesting to read this thread, and lovely to read others opinions! No one should be offended if you are 100% with your baby's name!

There are so many names that I wouldn't use.. but not a whole lot of names that I dislike. I am not fond of Leonard... Poppy...weird names like Cash.. I don't like all the Aidan names either just because of how popular they are.

every new baby girl i see now is called "Kayla" its not that i hate the name i just find it sooooo common now and boring..

Also noticed my name "Chloe" is on the list as its 'boring' and 'too common'
Just want to say as a Chloe , I was the only one in my school for 12 years.. Never came across another Chloe..
But now it seems to be used alot, But when i was growing up i was considered to have a very unusual name and people use to ask my mam where the hell she got it from ha..

I don't think your name is boring! Maybe a little common now :thumbup: It's on our short list right now, I love it!

I don't think there are many names that I hate. Or even names I don't like per-say.

I wouldn't *most likely* name my child any "old-fashioned" name such as Eileen, Richard, George, Mary, Diana (plus both myself and Hubby have an aunt named this!). I prefer more modern names.

My ex best friend named her daughter Kaylee Rose-Marie and I love it! Wish I could use it for my future daughter, except it would be too weird, considering I still consider Kaylee my niece and still talk to her dad on an almost daily basis and consider him a really good friend!

There are a lot of names I like, but wouldn't use because of memories I have associated with them, either from when I was growing up or when I worked at a day care.

And on a side note, my dad wanted to name my younger brother William Joseph James Richard, so that he could call him Billy Joe Jim Bob :haha::dohh:

No reason really but I dont like - Jason, Robert, Brian, Thomas, Gregory, Graham, Kevin or Ricky.

I also used to know a boy called stacy, which I thought was cruel, and a girl called leti, which is fine but as kids are mean she would get called lettice.

I have also really started to dislike the names lily-may, Isabella, Bella and Ella. I really like the sound of these names but it annoys me that almost every child I meet these days has one of these names.

Im also not keen on girls with masculine names as I feel there are so many nice girls names and very few good boys names that people need to stop steeling them lol.

Had to stop in to add .. Mason, lol hate it, and it has come up on my f.b alot lately with all the mums i have on there
haha x

I hate it when someone is a total ass and ruins a name. Cant call my kid that because such and such was an asshole.

I hate my own name to. Not allowed to say that parents get all offended as they spied me commenting on facebook convo about people saying my name wrong and how it was annoying having not a familar name . Sigh.

I dont hate names for no reason really, wouldnt want to offend anyone. Just have a list of people who have them names . lol

OH and the popular name "Ophelia"...seriously? Why would you name a baby that, and it won't grow with them until their 65th birthday. Nicknaming them "Ophie" doesn't help.

:haha: Thank you so much for this.

I've always loved the name Ophelia - now it's just not the same, I totally get what you said, that it won't grow with them and never heard that nickname Ophie and ick, no no no.

Ophelia is off my dream name list :dohh:

I know someone with the name Ophelia, it really suits them and is beautiful and unusual.

Horses for courses I guess.

I loved Ophelia when I was pregnant last time but then I ket thinking of high school chants that could be used with each name and this one I couldnt stop thinking (In scouse accent) 'Ophelia Ophelia let us 'av a feel of ya!' :dohh: and that was it NO WAY!! The things you think of when trying to pick a name!!! :rofl:

Surely ALL names were made up at some point....:shrug::blush:

^ they were indeed!!!

but i think sticking 2 names together... like Jayne + Nick = Jayni (totally stolen from a jacqueline wilson book :blush:) is what people mean. Or calling your kid 'Arphenelian' just because it sounds interesting/foreign, when its just an odd collection of letters.

(nb: id be intrigued if that WAS a real word, i just made it up :lol: :rofl:)

There are so many names that I wouldn't use.. but not a whole lot of names that I dislike. I am not fond of Leonard... Poppy...weird names like Cash.. I don't like all the Aidan names either just because of how popular they are.

:argh:

lol

My daughters name is Ruby, really old but i still love it

DD's name is Nora, an older name, but I love it. While making my name list I found that I really have a love for the classics.

I've seen a few people name their daughter Renesme from the Twilight series. Now THAT is a very made up name, and it makes me gag

I'm having troubles brainstorming my own ideas right now, but I know my mother despises the name Lorraine...I really don't mind it that much.

I don't like Tina, Sandra, Sasha, Sabrina, Selena, Gary, or Gerald. I'm not sure why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->