What are some names you dislike?

Hate names that fruit like Apple etc.
Hate old fashioned names like Edward, Margaret etc.

My fiance really likes the name Merran. Now, Merran is a lovely name, but he insists on pronouncing it 'Murran'. So .... if we ever have another daughter, I refuse to name her Merran!!
I also don't like names that sound like they should be another name. For example, 'Kian' should be 'Kieran'.
My middle name is 'Jean', and when I was growing up, I often wouldn't tell people what it was, because I hated it!!

I dont hate any name but there are names i wouldnt call my kids but then ours are Mia and Ellie Faith and alot of people wont like they names

we called Ellie Faith cause we thought through pregnancy and then in nicu she wouldnt make it and one day i said let just have some faith and then thats why we came up with it for her middle name xx

haha too funny! I am not keen on Jacob (partly as I know a Jacob and his a twat), I seem to like a name, meet a person and then decide I dont like it depending on what the person is like :blush:

OH and the popular name "Ophelia"...seriously? Why would you name a baby that, and it won't grow with them until their 65th birthday. Nicknaming them "Ophie" doesn't help.

:haha: Thank you so much for this.

I've always loved the name Ophelia - now it's just not the same, I totally get what you said, that it won't grow with them and never heard that nickname Ophie and ick, no no no.

Ophelia is off my dream name list :dohh:

I know someone with the name Ophelia, it really suits them and is beautiful and unusual.

Horses for courses I guess.

I loved Ophelia when I was pregnant last time but then I ket thinking of high school chants that could be used with each name and this one I couldnt stop thinking (In scouse accent) 'Ophelia Ophelia let us 'av a feel of ya!' :dohh: and that was it NO WAY!! The things you think of when trying to pick a name!!! :rofl:

I dont like old fashion names - i.e Ethel, Nora, Mary, Norris, Edward, Frank

I dont like names such as Bluebell, Crystal, Apple
xx

haha too funny! I am not keen on Jacob (partly as I know a Jacob and his a twat), I seem to like a name, meet a person and then decide I dont like it depending on what the person is like :blush:

OH and the popular name "Ophelia"...seriously? Why would you name a baby that, and it won't grow with them until their 65th birthday. Nicknaming them "Ophie" doesn't help.

I've always loved the name Ophelia - now it's just not the same, I totally get what you said, that it won't grow with them and never heard that nickname Ophie and ick, no no no.

I know someone with the name Ophelia, it really suits them and is beautiful and unusual.

I loved Ophelia when I was pregnant last time but then I ket thinking of high school chants that could be used with each name and this one I couldnt stop thinking (In scouse accent) 'Ophelia Ophelia let us 'av a feel of ya!' :dohh: and that was it NO WAY!! The things you think of when trying to pick a name!!! :rofl:

I know what you mean, I used to love the same Sara then I met this really bitchy woman called Sara and I can't stand it now

I know what you mean, I used to love the same Sara then I met this really bitchy woman called Sara and I can't stand it now

That's how I feel about the name Amelia :haha:

I though of some more...

Alexis, Elise, Ruth, Beatrice, Beatrix, Paula, Starla, Bradley, Jensen, and Dean.

I cringe when I hear these.

I love Elise. If I have a little girl, it might be her middle name.

I hate Ella, Robert, Sophia, Kayleigh, Liam, Gemma just because they remind me of people :dohh:

Don't wanna offend anyone with my name-hatin' D: haha.

I'll just say I aint fussed on common names tbh.
Over-used names, and one syllable names,
e.g - Claire, which is my name. ¬¬ lol.

I like classy unique names. :thumbup:

3 of my friends have recently named their baby Jack? Maybe they want there to be a class of Jacks??! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->