What are some names you dislike?

I don't really dislike name but I dislike the middle name mae/may. So far I. Know 12 babies with that middle name. A few of them have been hyphenated. Ie ellie-mae lilly-mae lexie-mae and daisy-mae and finally evie-mae.

im not keen on the sh names (my mil loves these), sharna, misha, shannon, also ellie, evie, etc. for boys, kai, tyler, made up names. i like names that for boys that can suit a child or a man, my son is finlay james. he gets finn for short. were now trying to think of names for twins-not sure of sex yet, that will go with his. its so hard choosing a name. i used to love noah but have gone off that now. im anursery nurse so going off names is second nature depending on the kids i look after.

I thought of some, after watching maury a bit to much as thats when i sit down and channel hop with nappying baby I do not like names like Lequeasha, lequanda and other variations.

Everyone has a different idea on what they don't like and what they like so sharing opinions shouldn't be offensive. I hated my nieces name (Sophie) before she was born but now she really suits it, so you can never tell.
I personally don't like names like Kai, Tyler, Alfie, Maddison... Mainly because of the area I live in is over-run with them.

I usually dislike names that I have a negative association with.

Names that are too popular (including my own name) annoy me too.

I hate names that sound too strong for a female (ie Gertrude) or too fluffy for a boy (ie Florian)

If I had to pick names that are trending right now that I really can't stand (no offence meant) It would prolly be the Harry/Alfie trend.

i dont like personaly paris, brooklyn, chardonnay (just why?? lol) and tyler despite my nephew and little cousin being called Tyler its just to common for me i know 10 people with LO's called tyler.....

also names that are old but not nice old IYKWIM like Nicola,wayne,jason,mandy,steven, gavin, gary you get my drift.... niece just been born called nicola !

also names that are male and female.... jamie/jaime, robyn, tyler,taylor etc

Two female names that I can't stand would have to be Raewyn (*shudder*) and Ruth. On the same note I can't stand Rae as a middle name for girls, it's very masculine sounding. I don't like the name Nevaeh either, I mean the concept is cool but it's so trendy and just plain awful.

Other names I'm not a fan of are: Ethel, Bertha, Helga, Gertrude...Ava is a pretty name but I've begun to really dislike it as it's SO overused. Hmm what else...I don't like the name Taylor for a girl :shrug:

I don't have any boys names that I really can't stand, but there are some that I'm sort of 'meh' about: John, Timothy, Michael (actually, there's one I can't stand..). The 'standard' names for boys.

ETA: I just remembered...I also hate the whole influx of babies with Twilight names. It's ruined quite a few names for me that I liked because I don't want people to think I'm naming my baby after a Twilight character :wacko: I was never in to Edward or Jacob, but really liked the names Esme and Emmett and now I'd be scared to use them. Can't stand when I see people list their favourite names and it's like "Edward, Jacob, Bella, Esme, Carlisle, Emmett, Rosalie, Jasper"...I read the books and they were okay I guess I just don't get why people are obsessed with the characters names :haha:

Two female names that I can't stand would have to be Raewyn (*shudder*) and Ruth. On the same note I can't stand Rae as a middle name for girls, it's very masculine sounding. I don't like the name Nevaeh either, I mean the concept is cool but it's so trendy and just plain awful.

Other names I'm not a fan of are: Ethel, Bertha, Helga, Gertrude...Ava is a pretty name but I've begun to really dislike it as it's SO overused. Hmm what else...I don't like the name Taylor for a girl :shrug:

I don't have any boys names that I really can't stand, but there are some that I'm sort of 'meh' about: John, Timothy, Michael (actually, there's one I can't stand..). The 'standard' names for boys.

ETA: I just remembered...I also hate the whole influx of babies with Twilight names. It's ruined quite a few names for me that I liked because I don't want people to think I'm naming my baby after a Twilight character :wacko: I was never in to Edward or Jacob, but really liked the names Esme and Emmett and now I'd be scared to use them. Can't stand when I see people list their favourite names and it's like "Edward, Jacob, Bella, Esme, Carlisle, Emmett, Rosalie, Jasper"...I read the books and they were okay I guess I just don't get why people are obsessed with the characters names :haha:

Agreed!!! Twilight TOTALLY ruined Jasper for me, im gutted. x

ERM.. i'm quite offended tbh.

My rabbits names are Alice and Jasper!:haha:

and the other two are called, Severus and Snape..... i thought i was being highly original .. :shrug: :haha:

Edit: i meant Severus and Sirius, :/ not snape ! lmao,

I don't like the Hayden Jayden names, anything too popular or boring like John, Tom etc.

I really dislike Olivia and all girls names that sound like boys names with a bit on the end 'Edwina' 'Georgina' 'Phillpa' etc

I don't really like place-names either, though I do like India because it sounds pretty, and I know a Cairo and I like that too.

Don't like Ezra for a girl or Rio for a boy.

I don't like what I consider old-fashioned names, but I like ones that are old and unusual. It's really interesting because the generation you are in depends on what you see as an old name - going through this thread the names considered 'old fashioned' really vary!

OHs Mum called her three sons Barry, Kevin and Dermot. Bleeeug! Dislike those SO much, and apparently his Dad made a comment on one of our fav boys names 'who would name their child THAT?'. Well, you got your turn - now it's ours and none of the names you picked are my cup of tea!

ive never read or watched any twilights. not my thing, but i thought bella and esme were pretty. but now ill associate them with that. still love isla and izzy for girls.a nd still love my sons name finlay(finn), he totally siuts it. i dont like names trying to be different, shayden, kiethin, chantelle. infact not sr=tereotyping chantelles here so apologise in advance but finn has just told me that theres a chantelle in his class and she's had her teeth takin out at the dentist cos of too many sweets!!

I don't like the Hayden Jayden names, anything too popular or boring like John, Tom etc.

I really dislike Olivia and all girls names that sound like boys names with a bit on the end 'Edwina' 'Georgina' 'Phillpa' etc

I don't really like place-names either, though I do like India because it sounds pretty, and I know a Cairo and I like that too.

Don't like Ezra for a girl or Rio for a boy.

I don't like what I consider old-fashioned names, but I like ones that are old and unusual. It's really interesting because the generation you are in depends on what you see as an old name - going through this thread the names considered 'old fashioned' really vary!

OHs Mum called her three sons Barry, Kevin and Dermot. Bleeeug! Dislike those SO much, and apparently his Dad made a comment on one of our fav boys names 'who would name their child THAT?'. Well, you got your turn - now it's ours and none of the names you picked are my cup of tea!

Eeeew those names are awful :lol: Old man names!

I don't like charlotte, Lilly (to common) Lara Catherine. Freddy, George William Aden kye I don't like the old names and the ones that sound made up

Kai is not a made up name. It's German in origin. It's actually my husband's name! There's also a Japanese form of Kai that is common for boys as well. I'm not sure why people believe it is made-up?

I dislike common names like Ashley, David, Aaron, Mark, etc. To me, I went to school with so many Ashley A's through Z's and it was difficult in classroom settings. I also don't like names spelled in unusual ways. It'll just be difficult for the child when they go to school.

not read the whole thread waaaaaaay too many pages lol
my son has a made up name due to the fact his father isnt british and thename we chose would be soooo hard for an english person to pronounce correctly even me lol so we changed the spelling totally made it up so that people would pronounce it correctly :)

my little girl is alexa not sure if none of you hated that lol

my middle name is chantelle but i hate it so doen my mum now she said she had no idea what she was thinking lol luckily its only my middle name soooo doesnt really matter lol

if this baby is a boy he will be called david if its a girl were not sure yet but i like esme

boy names i hate:- barry, clive, kane, blade, finn, harry, oliver, chris,

girls names i hater:- charlene, charmaine, mikayla, carrianne (sp?), kirsty, stacey, louise, lisa

ytheres loads im not gunna go on

not read the whole thread waaaaaaay too many pages lol
my son has a made up name due to the fact his father isnt british and thename we chose would be soooo hard for an english person to pronounce correctly even me lol so we changed the spelling totally made it up so that people would pronounce it correctly :)

my little girl is alexa not sure if none of you hated that lol

my middle name is chantelle but i hate it so doen my mum now she said she had no idea what she was thinking lol luckily its only my middle name soooo doesnt really matter lol

if this baby is a boy he will be called david if its a girl were not sure yet but i like esme

boy names i hate:- barry, clive, kane, blade, finn, harry, oliver, chris,

girls names i hater:- charlene, charmaine, mikayla, carrianne (sp?), kirsty, stacey, louise, lisa

ytheres loads im not gunna go on

I love the name Chantelle...:-( I think it's pretty! However I do hate this thread. I think it's negative and horrible. Me thinks I will stop reading it!

I hate the celeb names like, blue, tiger lilly bluebell. Gahhh.

I'm not keen on 'modern' names. My niece is 18 and has named her daughter Tianna May :wacko: but then again people may not like my son's name Thomas Emlyn. Emlyn probably hasn't been popular... well ever :lol: he's named after my grandfather so it means a lot to me :)

My best friend is naming her daughter that and she knows I don't like it, but for some reason she's really stuck on it.. and ugh it's just such a horrible name. It just sounds so trashy and like a stripper name or something, but it's her kid so I can't really do anything about it :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->