What are some names you dislike?

I know someone who has a girl and names her Nathaniel, and a boy and named him Nathan. NOW THAT is lazy.

the names my OH wants to name our son...Hannibal, Six and Atlas

I dont like names such as,
Chanel, McKennzie, Chantelle, Boyd, Mitchell. I hate them and. First names that are surnames ie McKennzie or named after a brand like CoCo,screams chav to me, even If these childern are brought up on the poshest estate, going tothe best schools, with a name like Chanel it dosen't work iykwim.

I've noticed a recent trend with people splitting up names of two different people and combining them together.

KayLinda
Ardysue
JoyLana

Hmmm...Not sure why, but it doesn't seem like an appealing idea.

My daughters first name is kinda like two names put together, but I think hers flows quite nice, not like those wretched names! :dohh:

I think if it sounds 'clunky', it doesn't work. Gracelynn sounds like an actual name and not made up, if that makes sense. :)

Here's my list :lol: I'm pretty picky

Girls:
Nevaeh
Chasity
Heaven
Angel
Mackenzie/Mckenzie
Makayla (every Makayla/Mikaela spells it differently)
Kenley/Kinley

Boys:
Aiden/Jayden/Kayden
Kamden

-names that have a 'y' or a 'k' when it should be a 'c' or an 'i' like Khloe or Maysie
-names that have a creative spelling
-phonetic spellings eg Jaxson instead of Jackson
-hyphenated names eg Lily-May

One of my dogs name is Atlas and I cannot stand him. -_-

I see people say they dont like "unique" names, but I really can't stand run of the mill names hahaha. Every time I see a "classic" name I think, boy couldn't their parents think of ANYthing else? Like my husbands name, Michael. How boring. What like 5/10 men are named Michael? (obviously not but there are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOO OOOO many of them it's just ridiculous).

One of my dogs name is Atlas and I cannot stand him. -_-

I see people say they dont like "unique" names, but I really can't stand run of the mill names hahaha. Every time I see a "classic" name I think, boy couldn't their parents think of ANYthing else? Like my husbands name, Michael. How boring. What like 5/10 men are named Michael? (obviously not but there are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOO OOOO many of them it's just ridiculous).

My LO's middle name is Michael, but it's his grandad's name. I totally see your point though, no way would I use it for a forename!

Fed up of hearing pseudo-posh people shouting on 'poppy' and 'orla'. Poppy sounds like a smaLl dog to me :/ also the name 'struan' I can't stand, even the sound of it sounds horrible!

I feel kind of guilty because I'm sure there are some perfectly sweet women out there with this name, but I know so many Sarah's who are not nice people. So, the only name I say "Absolutely no" to is Sarah.

I know someone with a son called Lion-Heart.... part of me admired the bravery but it's not for me!:nope:

My daughter is called Isla...haven't seen this crop up yet on here. :)

I dislike nanes like destiny, chardonay, chanel etc...but there are loads that I wouldnt name my baby...infact we are really struggling.

If Isla had been a boy she would have been called Caelan (Scottish name, my late grandma picked out for me if I had been a boy)

I dislike nanes like destiny, chardonay, chanel etc...but there are loads that I wouldnt name my baby...infact we are really struggling.

If Isla had been a boy she would have been called Caelan (Scottish name, my late grandma picked out for me if I had been a boy)

I LOVE the name Caelan, Ollie was going to be Caelan until we saw him :) I was told it was an Irish name though :hugs:

I LOVE the name Caelan, Ollie was going to be Caelan until we saw him :) I was told it was an Irish name though :hugs:

Ah maybe I have given it the Irish spelling :) I still loved it lol

I'm terrible in that I really don't like very many names at all... The really popular ones irk me because I hear them everywhere, the chavvy ones irk me because they make my skin crawl, I don't like Americanised names eg, Jaxson, '-ayden' etc.
My poor child will probably end up with some strange, obscure name just because I'm so picky :haha:
Thankfully there are quite a lot of Hebrew, Welsh, Irish and French names I *do* like (-small mercies!).

Worst name I have ever heard was a child I worked with called Klamidia (pronounced like the STI, chlamydia). I was so flabbergasted to hear an infant called it, I asked the mum what inspired the name and she said: "Oh, I heard it somewhere and thought it sounded nice". :rofl:

I also met a child called L-A who all the teachers were calling LA (like the city) when the child's mum came into the school and told everyone the child's name was pronounced Luh-dash-a, not LA! :nope:

im kinda sad - i know its totally lame, but a friend just had a baby yesterday and has given her daughter the middle name we wanted! :( lol i know im being daft but still....hmph

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->