• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What are you craving the most RIGHT NOW?

We dont have fish and chip places here, fish and chips are on menus at like diners but we dont have little stands like you guys have.

I wish we did, lol. Most towns have little pubs though that they try to make like a euro place.

Haha yeah like the advert :haha:

No not like a shepards pie.. like a pie as in when it's all pastry in a shell and then inside it's like beef and gravy and onions and things.. omg do you guys not have PIES?! x

Jade, the only pies that are super common here are fruit pies and pumpkin pies. Chicken pot pies are the only common meat pie.

Some places have a pastry type thing with all that in it but its not in a pie you can hold it to eat, but that pie sounds good :p.

I also get confused when you guys talk about cribs and cotbeds, lol. but what I got is that here a cradle is what you guys call a crib and a crib is what you call a cotbed.

OHMYGOD!! I CAN'T get over the fact you guys don't have pies!! I thought just like EVERYWHERE had pies!! :rofl: This is really baffling me!

Here's a nice pie for you :flower:

Attachments

• steak-pie.jpg
    steak-pie.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 4
:O I just thought... does this mean you have things that we don't have?!?!! xxx

Actually I think you're less likely to have things that we don't have simply because we have SO much american tv over here.. like I don't even notice the difference between america and uk cos i watch so much american tv!! I totally get all your slang and stuff :haha: You need to start watching more Eastenders over there! You'd soon learn all about pies and things :rofl: x

EDIT: I know.. I actually looked through quite a few pages of pics on google cos I wanted to find one that looked tastey enough to appeal to our pie-less friends across the pond :haha: x

Haha, UK things aren't aired over here, and if they are they're generally older sitcoms like ones from our parent's generation.

Aw poor you.. not that you're missing out much.. that's why we watch so much american stuff!! But the one thing I like about british tv is that it's a lot more real than american stuff sometimes. Like UK Wife Swap and Supernanny and stuff like that are completely genuine whereas it bugs me watching the US ones cos they always have 'some scenes have been shot for entertainment purposes' and it sorta ruins the whole point of it being reality tv you know? I was so sad when I realised The Hills wasn't actually all that real :cry: x

I hate that super nanny show. In my opinion, bad kids are the end result of bad parenting. I work in a clothing store and see little kids taking clothes off the walls/tables and throwing it all over the place, I never did that when I was little because I knew better. Some parents just dont pay any attention to their kids when they are shopping and it drives me up the f-ing wall.

I hate that super nanny show. In my opinion, bad kids are the end result of bad parenting. I work in a clothing store and see little kids taking clothes off the walls/tables and throwing it all over the place, I never did that when I was little because I knew better. Some parents just dont pay any attention to their kids when they are shopping and it drives me up the f-ing wall.

OMG REALLY?! I LOVE THAT SHOW!! To be fair she does say it's never the kids faults it's always the parents. But she seems to go softer on the US parents.. maybe cos they think US people will like her more maybe? She's pretty harsh to the UK parents and I love it! Plus her methods really do work, I will totally be having a naughty chair :haha:

This thread has gone well off topic..

I am currently craving.. nothing for once! xx

No I just hate seeing those horribly behaved children and the parents never understand why they are bad. Well its cause your not doing something right!!! lol

and yes it has gone off topic, I want a cheeseburger and some nice salty fries.

https://img809.imageshack.us/img809/84/strawberries615.jpg

With cream :) i had some earlier at my nans and now i want more! :( haa :flower: xx​

Mmmm I like strawberries with vanilla ice cream :) not a fan of cream though..

That cheeseburger thing is gonna come back to haunt me I can tell.. I love cheeseburgers.. It's not making me crave one now but it will stick in my subconcious and then just pop up right at a time when I have zero access to cheeseburgers lol.

YAY I finally get my sausage and egg Mcmuffin when I go into town tomorrow :happydance: xxx

I love mcdonalds breakfast, but I am never up early enough for it, lol.

i want a pie now!

i HATE this thread but LOVE it at the same time :rofl:
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back