What are you dressing your lo in for bed tonight?!

no-sleeved vest under a thin sleepsuit and just a sheet but our bedroom's 24 degrees, hoping it cools down i appreciate a 22 degree bedroom but thats just 2 degrees too much for me lol xxx

Same for my LO :thumbup:

my sons room is 25c and hes just in shorts and tshirt pjs x

Emily' room is 27 degrees! She'll be sleeping in just a nappy and a blanket and i'll check her before i go to bed incase she needs another but her room is always hot!

I just looked out my leaflet with the NHS guidelines if anyone is interested...

It says for a baby wearing a nappy, vest and sleep suit they should need:-

10 degrees - sheet + 4 blankets
12 degrees - sheet + 3 blankets
16 degrees - sheet + 2 blankets
18 degrees - sheet + 1 or 2 blankets
20 degrees - sheet + 1 blanket
22-26 degrees - sheet only

Hope this helps xxx

zakk is just in jim jams tonight so his body isnt too covered in layers. its so hard as our house is soo warm (his room is about 23) and then it gets chilly about 4am.

i put him in a sleeping bag the other night and he was sweaty!

omg really? The boys are in nappies only and our room is 24. They were in Pjs only last night and woke up 10pm soaked with sweat and grumpy! Hope they dont get cold now eekk

omg really? The boys are in nappies only and our room is 24. They were in Pjs only last night and woke up 10pm soaked with sweat and grumpy! Hope they dont get cold now eekk

Em was in just a nappy last night. She'll probably end up with her blanket off tonight too depending on how she is when i check on her!

Hope this helps xxx

Thanks for the info :flower:

Does it read to everyone else that in 22-26 degrees a baby should wear a nappy, vest, sleepsuit & a sheet?! My lo would be way too hot in that many layers :wacko:

I've just been up to check & she's as comfy as. Her room is 23 with the windows open a little & she has on a short sleeved vest and her 1.0 grobag!

Lucy is wearing just a vest and nappy and it's 26degrees in our room. She's slept like this for the past couple of nights and seems comfortable.

his in a vest and no blanket.ill prob put a blanket over him later when it cools down

Rorys just in long sleeved vest and 1 tog sleeping bag. Our gro egg days its 24 degree and it always rises a little once me and dh go to bed aswell with our body heats! I'm keeping our bedroom door open too tonight to try and circulate some air

Our room was 27 last night?!!!! Sophie started out in a vest, sleepsuit and 1.5 tog sleeping bag but our neighbour (who's a nurse) was visiting and suggested we should not use the sleeping bag, so she spent all night in just her vest and sleepsuit and was fine. Tonight it's even hotter so she is just in a little romper than I found in her drawer - I'd forgotten she had that - so she has bare arms and legs and seems comfier. I might slip her into her sleeping bag later on but for now she seems comfortable. Our neighbour has lent us an air conditioning unit thingy which should cool our room down.

Been hotter 'n heck, so diaper only the last few nights. Probably about 29C even with the windows open. I think it's cooler today, so a light weight pj's.

Ok,I don't know if our room thermometers wrong or something but it almost always says between 21-24, but we still put 4 blankets on LO, plus vest, plus sleepsuit and she's just the right temperature. Her temperature really drops when she sleeps at night and she wakes up crying when she's cold if we just have her in the sleeping bag, so we use sleeping bag and blankets??

thats quite a lot of layers for the temp hun, do you check her temp at the neck? babies hands and feet are always cold as it helps regulate thier temp. Having said that, you're her mom and know what's best every baby is different and some are colder than others just like us x

Yes always check her neck/chest, her feet get sweaty and hot at night, but she's pretty chilly on her chest. But during the day, she normally has less layers on than me, and is warm like my OH. :dohh:

Hope this helps xxx

Thanks for the info :flower:

Does it read to everyone else that in 22-26 degrees a baby should wear a nappy, vest, sleepsuit & a sheet?! My lo would be way too hot in that many layers :wacko:

I've just been up to check & she's as comfy as. Her room is 23 with the windows open a little & she has on a short sleeved vest and her 1.0 grobag!

Thats the way it reads to me but I guess it depends on the individual lo. I'm just gona keep checking how warm he feels. Xxx

Alfie has a short sleeved vest & a baby grow on, no bed covers. We co-sleep to & if i feel he's too hot when he comes i our bed i strip him to just his vest.

LO's bedroom has been 25 degrees for the last couple of nights. It's south facing so gets really hot. I'm dreading it when the really hot weather gets here. Tonight she's gone to bed in just a footless baby grow. I'm a bit worried her feet will get cold in the night, but I'm not sure what to do. Can't go and put a blanket on her later, as she's wakes up at a slightest thing.

LO's room is currently 22 degrees. I've left the window open a wee bit (behind a blackout blind so not sure what good will do!) and am expecting the temperature to drop during the night - as tomorrow is supposed to be 6 degrees cooler than today. He usually has a vest, sleepsuit and 2.5 tog sleeping bag, but tonight he just has his vest and 2.5 tog sleeping bag. Now I'm fretting that he'll be too warm....

No doubt he'll have the first of his many night wakings coming up soon so may change him to a 1 tog bag then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->