What are you looking forward to?

Deeper Blue

Reaction score
Us poor ladies in second tri... we've past the giddy first stages of excitement when we find out we're preganant and all the joys and breaking the news to people that the first trimesters have, and we're not close enough to start the fun job of packing our hospital bag ready for the trip to the hospital like the third tris (though I bet one of you has done this already! Own up! :rofl:).

I think we need to keep positive and focus on all the fun amazing things we've got to look forward to. So heres mine...

I can't wait to:

- Feel my first contraction. Omg, can you imagine how exciting it must be to feel the first proper tightening and think 'Sh*t. This is it. I'm really going to have this baby now. I get to meet him soon' and ringing up the OH and say 'Hi. I think I've gone into labour'.

- See my husband hold our little baby for the first time. I know he'll be all fingers and thumbs and terrified he'll hurt it, and he'll probably cry... which'll make me cry too :blush:

- Try and breast feed my LO for the first time. Not quite sure how to do it, but I can't wait to know what it feels like to feel it suckling away for the first time, knowing your making it happy and feeling properly motherly :D (yes, I'm a bit weird).

What are you guys looking forward to?

im looking forward to pretty much everything you are haha! i can't wait to be a mommy! my motherly instincts have been starting to kick in and its awesome! and though i might not like it after doing it for a few months but im looking forward to being woke up by crying! and having my OH coming home from work and asking how OUR day was i get more and more excited each day! :happydance:

Lovely thoughts!

I'm looking forward to some down time, spent with new babe and husband. It will be wonderful to actually be a "family" now--I've always felt that my husband is my family, but this little one will make it complete.

I love babies, but I find that I'm mostly looking forward to when our little Violet is able to walk and talk and show us her personality. Looking forward to Halloween (my favorite time of year) and so many special outings. Looking forward to teaching her how to be a steward of our earth, and watching her play in the early Spring garden soil for the first time. Mudpies. You get the picture :)

I have to say, I'm still terrified at the thought of labour so I don't think I'm going to be looking forward to contractions any time soon!:rofl:

For me, I'm really looking forward to feeling my LO move for the first time, I can only imagnie how amazing that will be:cloud9:

I'm looking forward to a few things:

- waving goodbye to morning sickness, which should happen any day now *taps foot impatiently*

- feeling and seeing my baby move although not when the foot gets stuck in the ribcage as it really does take your breath away!

- the birth itself - this is baby #2 so hopefully will go quickly - can't wait to see the look on my husband's face, the only time hes ever cried is at the birth of our son, 7 years ago

- giving my darling son a beloved baby brother or sister

I'm looking forward to waking up my hubby in the middle of the night and telling him "it's time!"

Holding my lil man for the first time

Breast feeding him for the first time

Seeing my hubby hold his son - I know he'll cry and that'll set me off too!

Announcing that he's finally here!

What I'm looking forward to for now is feeling baby move. And I booked an early scan to find out the sex for just over 2 weeks time! I find that having things to look forward to that are no longer than 4 weeks away makes the time go much faster as by the time that has come round there is another thing thats gunna happen like a midwife appointment etc. xxx

At the moment all I can think about is my next scan in 4 days 22 hours and 19 mins!!!!

Urgh, I'm such a wuss! Reading all these lovely things has bought a tear to my eye!! This is such a lovely thread :)

The day I go into labour and get to the hospital ok. I know I will be bricking it but means I get to see so much after. getting to find out whats been kicking me this past few months and making me so ill.

To see its dads face when he sees his baby for the first time , he has even choosen an outfit for this occassion lol

the sheer amazement of looking at this baby and what we made it makes me tearful with joy to think of that.

showing off my baby to everyone, Look what we made isnt it cool! lol

having the baby hold my finger, i dont know why I just think thats cute.

Telling everyone I had a baby! what sex it is especially. i dont care who I wake they will know lol

dressing baby up and taking baby home. get to see all my fam that way and watch them actually possibly be proud of me for once.

I am actually looking forward to getting to 20 weeks, lol 30 weeks seems so unrealistic, looking forward to finding a new home in time for baby and yes I am actually looking forward to labour even though mY first was horrible and lasted 26 hrs. HAha.

It's all seemed so un-real, it's weird, even now I have moments when I think am I really pregnant!

Oh and I can't wait to see how much this ones gonna weigh in at, LOL

Oh and not forgetting, the completly amazing love you feel for a baby that only a mother can know! I'm sorry but even men don't feel it to the extreme degree, yo cannot believe you are capable of loving something so Much so quickly and THATS TRULY AMAZING!

hmmm 4 me .. all of the above! haha

... but what im really looking forward to is my girls (7 and 5) faces - they got a new baby cousin 10 months ago and they love him to bits n the lil one whos gonna be 5 next month is always so upset when he leaves. Thay are so excited at havin their own brother/sister that i cant wait to see their faces. Its so cute they're already planning their duties for when the baby comes ... although no ones offered to do nappy changing yet including the dad.

-the closeness you get when breastfeeding
-looking into those lil eyes
-the smell you get from a newborn

Oh n before that im looking forward to all the baby shopping im goin to be doing! :happydance:

Oh, another thing... I often think, when OH and I are just sat watching TV, how weird it will be that at some point in the next year or so there could be a little kiddie tentatively walking around the living room... holding onto the furniture... and you could hold you hands out and say 'Come to mummy!' and just imagine it desperately trying to stagger over before falling on its nappy covered bum. :rolf:

It truely is the simple things isn't it?

I'm the same, can't wait to see James hold the baby for the first time and for me to begin an amazing part of my life where I become (hopefully) more than I have ever been before as I do the best I can to raise another person, bring out the best in them and do all I can to support them in life.

I also cannot wait to see my dad hold his grandchild for the first time and, I have to say, feel extremely blessed and overwhelmed by just what an incredible journey this has been for my mum and me, who really has cemented herself in my heart as my best friend in the world.

my brother has two children with his girlfriend, who we love desperately, but my mum says it is not the same watching someone else's daughter raise a baby and she is over the moon she gets to see me do it.

All the things she taught me and it has now hit home just how much she did as she worked tirelessly to raise us all, teaching us not only to read but to love books, to not just make friends but to be a person who can be counted on as a friend, to swim, to ride a bike, to make mudpies, everything. I hope I can be half of that!!!

Im gonna cry now as well.

im looking forward to leaving work ongoing problems with people there now and i just cant wait 2 go.

im looking forward to seeing my babys feel through my belly when it kicks

im lookin forward to that first cuddle with my baby

and im looking forward to taking my baby home

and many other things thanks for posting this thread as i was just thinkin today that time will drag after 20 week scan as wont have any thing coming to look forward to until obviously babys born but tht will be about another 20 weeks away

Actually chokes me up thinking about it, but i can't wait for my oh and my parents, especially my dad hold little one... :cry:

I can't wait to to put little one to boob and try to breastfeed for the first time, and i can't wait to finally take LO home and for it to be all real :cloud9:

I am looking forward to giving birth. I really love it. It is so emotional.
Hearing the babies 1st cry, kissing holding him or her for the first time, looking at all the features we gave him/her, checking out the tiny feet and hands, smelling the baby after the 1st bath, breast feeding. I can go on for ages

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->