What are your daily feeding/nap routines?

Mooshie

Reaction score
I wondered if you would be willing to post up your general schedules for the day?

I've noticed recently that my LO is cranky and hard to get to nap during the day and I wondered if maye he wasn't getting enough to eat and/or I have his routine all wrong.

This is usually what we do:

7/7.30 - LO wakes and plays until 8/8.30 when he gets breakfast. Then he generally plays for another half an hour and then he starts rubbing his eyes for a nap. This is when it gets tricky. He's a nightmare to get down and im thinking it's probably because he's overtired. Should be feeding him as soon as he wakes at 7/7.30? and let him play THEN put him down for his sleep?

He used to be fine doing the above but I've only realised in the last day that he is waking earlier than before so this is probably why he gets overtired and then grouchy!

6am- generally LO gets up and feeds then plays with Oh for an hour before work.

7.30-9 nap time

9-10.30ish feed, dressed, songs and rhymes

10.30-11.30 nap

11.30-1ish feed and change and playtime

1-3 naptime

3-5 feed play outside time

5-6 nap

6-8 feed and play

8-bath and medicines and story

9- feed and cuddle and bed (we watch the mobile for 15ish mins before sleep)

1-2am night feed and back to bed ASAP

The times are all rough but pretty much that is everyday unless I'm out at baby groups lol. Hope that helped a little ;)

A general day:
0900 breakfast and some milk
0930-1100 play time!
1100-1230 nap
1230 bottle
1300- light lunch
1330-1500 play time
1500-1630 nap
1700 bottle
1800/1830 big meal
1900 bath
1930/2000 bed time
2200 sometimes a dreamfeed if her intake has been low during day

I would feed your LO when he wakes up, play time and then the second he rubs his eyes then put him down. I have got into a routine with my LO and I follow her cues (even though I know by 11am she will need a nap) and I take her into the nursery, blinds still shut from night and I pop her down, give her a muslin (she chews it to sleep) and then leave the room and she's asleep within minutes. It's just about nipping it in the bud and starting a familiar routine. Not sure how old your LO is but after 4 months it gets easier to implement routine.

I generally follow Logans cues but a typical day :

7am - Wakes up / feed /change/ play
8am/8:30am - Nap
10/10:30 - Play
11/11:30 - Feed/ change/ Play
12:30 - Nap
3pm - Feed/ change/ Play
5/5:30 - Light bottle ( only a few onces )
8pm - Feed/ change
8:30 - Bedtime.

We don't bath him every day, when we do its around 7/7:30pm.

He tends to do a long stretch of awake time in the late afternoons but he may slip in a short 15-20min nap.

My LO's kinda routine
7:30/8 - Bottle then change nappy.
Then i just let him lay on the floor for a bit until he starts looking tired, somtimes i put him to bed straight away sometimes and hour/ hour and half later.

11/12 - If he hasnt woken up i go and wake him up(cause he wont have enough bottles if i dont) I give him some food. Then 1/2 hour-1 hour i give him a bottle.

Let him play until about 2. Then put him back to bed.
And if he hasnt drank enough of the first 2 bottles ill wake him at 4ish for another bottle.
if he has i just let him sleep and around 530-7 he will wake up and he has a feed at 730 and then bottle at 8 or 8:30 and then bed a little after.

And he'll have a bath every couple of days before his 7:30 feed.

We don't really have one :p wake at 7, get both boys dressed & take them down, breakfast for Jack, bottle for Cas, then he feeds whenever he wants during the day, Jack eats again around 12/1 then has dinner about 5, both boys up for bath at 6, Cas has last bottle then down for the night, Jack downstairs for Cbeebies betime thing then up for a story and bed.

He's awake too long and getting overtired so fighting sleep.

When he wakes feed him straight away. Then playtime and the second he starts to get fussy or rub his eyes do a pre-nap routine (very quiet and low key) to let him wind down, you will only have about 5mins once he starts eye rubbing to catch his sleep window xx

I was finding that Oliver was really irritable last week so I started on Monday to put him down for a nap in his cot for a sleep between 12 and 1, he sleeps for 2-4 hours undisturbed and he's alot better for it.

I was just letting him sleep in his bouncer or on me before and it seemed to be a disturbed sleep but now its much better x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->