What are your opinions on bringing a child up vegan?

Wasn't laughing AT you there... i just know exactly what you mean about the sleep deprivation! :) x

I woudlnt personally do it but then I am not a vegan. If a mum is and wants to feed her child that way than ok as long as baby is getting all it needs and not lacking in things then ok. I would also maybe give a choice when child was older, let them know what there is out there if they are only eating vegan food. I am all for choice whatever suits your life style.

I will bring my LO up as Veggie. Both my husband and I are vegetarian, as is my mum and his mum and sister. I think it is silly saying you are forcing something on them. As parents we have to make choices in our children's best interests. That means making decisions on their behalf. I believe a vegetarian diet is healthier.
As a parent, it is up to you to control their diet. It breaks my heart to see these obese young children - I realise they could be meat or non meat eaters.
If they wish to change their diet when they are adult, that is their choice!

As long as she is getting a healthy balanced diet I don't see why not.

Haven't read the thread. By the sound of your OP, you've done your research and really thought your decision through. When I became a veggie, food became exciting. I love experimenting with different spices, flavours, combinations etc Veganism is trickier, but I hope you enjoy it ! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->