What baby carrier / sling ?

E

Ebony_Blaze

My hubby really wants one of those carriers baby goes in - not sure what they are called ? Where baby is securely strapped to your front
can anyone please tell me where I can get one from ?
I have seen them but the price ranges are silly - not saying I want the cheapest but if anyone can recommend one would be great !

X

I asked the same a while ago and moby is undoubtedly the most popular! So I got one:)

I just ordered a baba sling off ebay new for less than half the usual price but I am no expert on these things as this is first baby.

x

For your hubby, I would suggest the Ergo or the Babybjorn Sport. Both worked great for my husband with my son, I love the newer ergo infant insert. For me, I prefer slings, but make my own mostly.

I wore my DD in the moby constantly, can't wait to get it out again :)

Wearing your baby is one of the most beneficial things you can do as a parent, especially when they are new! :)

I know a LOT of women swear by the Moby Wrap - those are fabulous, you can tie them up a few different ways and baby gets to snuggle up close.

For hubby and out and about and when your LO is older, the Ergo is a great carrier as well. . .but there are inexpensive versions of it if you look around.

I suggest Ergo as well. Not saying men aren't able to wear a Moby or sling but it might be easier and safer for him to wear the Ergo. I've heard really good reviews from a lot of people about them. I don't own one, yet.

I'd say ERGO too. Look for a second hand one as they last really well. My friend is using a 4th hand one! and it is still great.

We just ordered an ERGO on Taobao here in Beijing (the Chinese version of Amazon) and we can't wait. I heard so many good things about it. :happydance:

i have the "baby bjorn active" and i love it! i carry my newborn in it everywhere and hubby can use it too as the size is changeable!
i chose this one as it has great back support for mama, but keeps babys legs closer together than a lot of the other carriers so is better for babes ergonomically :)

I have a Moby wrap for 0-3 months and then an Ergo from 3 months on up. I have used the Baby Bjorn and they hurt my back SOOOO bad! I would not recommend them at all. But both the Moby and the Ergo distribute baby's weight better leading to less back aches.

I've bought a mamas and papas morph but me and oh are both small, if you vary in size loads you'd need two seperate harnesses for it. Its really easy to get on if you're by yourself which is why I bought it x

to add, I had a babasling with my first and I hated it, it was so uncomfy and didn't fit right at all x

My midwife strongly advised against the ones you wrap yourself for 2 reasons:

1. The baby can slip out

2. Its not good for your body to carry the baby on the side etc because you put uneven pressure on your back/ pelvis etc.

I have the baby bjorn, the cheapest one they had I think, it seems great and looks good too.

DH is going to be using the Baby Bjorn Active from my SIL (at a year old her wee one is too big for it now) whereas I will be getting a Kari-me wrap. I plan to carry bubs most of the time (rather than using pram) so would prefer to not have them in a baby bjorn type where their hips are spread. I would disagree with the MW opinion as how do they think babies have been carried before prams/buggies/baby bjorns etc? Go for one where you wear baby on your front or back and then the pressure is spread evenly. Also the fabric ones tend to have wider straps than the more technical ones so will distribute the weight more widely.
ETA: not having a go, just feel MWs have a tendency to say no without considering the options. Although this is my first I am quite passionate about babywearing. Hope I've not offended.

to add, I had a babasling with my first and I hated it, it was so uncomfy and didn't fit right at all x

I shall have to see how I get on with it, I like the look of a couple of others and as I am getting them off ebay I can try a few and put the ones I don't like back on ebay. Deff getting a proper carrier for DH to use but wont get this til baby is bigger.

x

Oh and have you looked on Gumtree? Quite often see Baby Bjorns etc on there where I live.

My midwife ment the ones where you wrap them yourself and the baby is not centered... I'm sure its fine if ppl know what they are doing with the wrapping and have strong backs and no spd/ pelvic pain.

I have a "Lifft" sling which is endorsed by osteopaths. It's like a "pouch" sling but you can carry them from newborn up to toddler, and there's several different carry positions. Plus it's fit especially to your size so no fiddling about with buckles and ties. The only "downside" is we had to buy 2 because of the difference in size between me and DH, but she did us a deal for buying 2. It also comes in loads of colours and I got the colour I wanted, DH got the colour he wanted!

I did a bit of research before buying one, as LO has a spinal issue, and bought this 1 because the ones that "hang" babies from their pelvis aren't thought to be good for spinal and hip development xx

I've got a Connecta and I love it. I'm getting a Moby for this one probably as well though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->