What benefit?

zoe87

Im a new mammy!
Reaction score
Really looking for some advice as i am really fed up now. I stopped working and took my maternity leave in November. My OH only works 18 hours so his wage isnt enough to cover our living expenses. My emplyer wont pay me maternity pay as i havent worked there long enough. I also cant claim maternity allowance. Ive got a claim going for Employment and support allowance but i am still 2 months later waiting to hear if i can deffo claim that. but if i am able to i can only claim up to two weeks after my baby is born which was last week. so now i dont know what i claim....does anyone know if i can claim anything?

Have you claimed tax credits and child benefit?
I think you can check what you are entitled to on the HMRC website.
Can you get income support?

Sorry just re-read that it sounds really harsh its not meant to :hugs:

hi hun, well i have no idea were really struggling at the mo have a huge mortage which weve already gone intrest only which is gonna stop soon :( hubby is self empl and not had any work since xmas so now were maxing out credit cards to pay bills,to eat, its really getting me down :( i don't know where to turn. were gonna sell the house but cant do that right now as were finishing niggly bits otherwise people will be put of buying or making silly offers! i would love to win the lotto! its pants the way things are sorry i'm no help been online searching today in the hope we might get some help!!
xxx

Have you claimed tax credits and child benefit?
I think you can check what you are entitled to on the HMRC website.
Can you get income support?

Sorry just re-read that it sounds really harsh its not meant to :hugs:

Thanks, we still waiting for tax creds and child benefit to go through. Hoping its sooner rather then later.

hi hun, well i have no idea were really struggling at the mo have a huge mortage which weve already gone intrest only which is gonna stop soon :( hubby is self empl and not had any work since xmas so now were maxing out credit cards to pay bills,to eat, its really getting me down :( i don't know where to turn. were gonna sell the house but cant do that right now as were finishing niggly bits otherwise people will be put of buying or making silly offers! i would love to win the lotto! its pants the way things are sorry i'm no help been online searching today in the hope we might get some help!!
xxx

its a real struggle isnt it!?! wish i had some credit cards to max out! Just when i thought my life was getting back on track!

i don't know about the credit cards seems we rob one to pay another :( its a visous circle ! my spelling is rubbish! lol xxx christmas eve baby huh? what a present! xx

Go to entitledto.co.uk u can see what benefits u can get incl child tax credit u can probs get working tax credit too.. Im not sure about that 1 though n every1 can claim child benefit... Hope that helps.. Difficult times atm isnt it? Xx

i don't know about the credit cards seems we rob one to pay another :( its a visous circle ! my spelling is rubbish! lol xxx christmas eve baby huh? what a present! xx

it sounds like a viscious circle chick! for us we just getting in a deeper hole! yeh xmas eve best pressie ever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->