What can I do to increase my fertility between now and TTC?

HippyMumma23

Reaction score
Does anyone know? Im 26 so age is sort of my side. My BMI is 20 so all good there.

I do smoke occasionally which I will be stopping. Infact I havent touched one since we decided our TTC date, but thats not hard I only smoke once a week. I only drink once a week, so not much there.

Im going to start taking pregnacare now so thats the vitamins sorted.

Is there anything else (natural, foodwise, suppliments, whatever) that I can take to give my eggs a nice boost for when we TTC?

Hey hun sounds like you doing well already.
Have you thought about taking Folic acid for a fre months before TTC, quite a few ladies are taking it now ahead of TTC date.
x

Yes I have folic acid, but I assumed that was all in with the pregnacare. I figured I might as well take the latter because it has other good stuff in it too. x

Cool i think you are doing a lot now hun,
guess just make sure you eat a balanced diet to help with vitamins

x

Well, depending on how fertile you want to be :)....
there is something in yams that increases the chances of double-ovulating, and therefore the chance of conceiving twins, so you could add a few yams to every meal if you want multiples! :)
Otherwise, you sound right on track. Regular exercise is important for overall health. Healthy balanced diet. Definitely kick the smokes altogether (I was a "social smoker" for years, but quit full stop two years before TTC). Be very moderate with caffeine and alcohol.
What about your OH? He should be doing the same for healthy sperm.
And I'm a big advocate of charting. It tells you so much about your body's rhythms and overall health.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->