What can I do to prepare myself to conceive?

zookeeper

Reaction score
Hi everyone :) My husband deployed in april and when he left I thought for sure I was pregnent until 16 days after my missed period the witch got me. We had been trying for 5 months before he left, and even though I'm sure stress played a big part in it, I feel like there was more i could do. My question is :

My hubby is coming home in mid august and i want to know what i can do to get prepared so to say? Can anyone recommend a supplement, tea, lucky number anything?? I would so love to hear what you all have to say!

Hi and welcome

I'm currently preparing to TTC (in December) by taking a multi vitamin, folic acid and trying to eat a healthy diet. I'm not really sure what else you can do.

Have you thought about using the Clearblue Fertility Monitor, I've heard good things about these, as it takes all the guess work out of when you're ovulating and most fertile.

You could also use a wesite called Fertility Friend, on which you can chart your cycle and it can give you an idea of ovulation etc.

I guess, just relax if poss too as I'm sure that helps. :)

Hi!

Start taking folic acid - it is now seen as beneficial to start taking folic acid from ttc and even from a couple of months before. You could also try to cut out caffeine as it is supposed to help with fertility - when you become pregnant, it is advised to cut out (or heavily reduce caffeine) in the first trimester as there have been some links to heavy caffeine consumption and miscarriage. Also, just having a healthy diet and lifestyle and cutting down on alcohol have been said to help chances as well. Things like a high BMI can make things difficult during pregnancy.

If you want to go down the whole serious TTC route, like Hobnob has said, using things like OPKs (little sticks that you pee on which tells you when you are about to ovulate - when you get a line that is as strong or stronger than the test line, this means you are about to ovulate in the next 12 or so hours) can help.

Good luck! I hope you get your speedy BFP!

xxx

Hello! I agree with the other ladies vitamins and a healthy lifestyle is beneficial. I not TTC for another 4 months or so and already have been taking prenatal and folic acid to help aid in a healthy conception. Must importantly try not to be under stress come August and have fun with it.Good Luck!:bfp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->