What can i take??

JemmaD

3rd trimester
Reaction score
this is the 3rd time ive had the flu in 4 months it just keeps coming back to me, im taking all my vit etc..... this time its leftme with a really bad cough its starting to hurt my belly and ribs when i cough does any one know of any thing safe i can take to help it?

.ask your pharmacist. you would need something straight for the cough as most other combo type drugs aren't good for the baby. robitussin dm is a straight cough one but it never worked for me so i just deal

Most kids cough medicine that is just glycerin is ok to take and usually says safe for pregnant women on the label, so that might help x

Might be glycerol, not sure, I get mixed up between the two!!

I feel the same, ive had bronchitis since aug which just wont go away, i need anti-biotics but im so worried about harming the baby that ive just dealt with it. Ive coughed so much in the past few months but the doctor reasused me that coughing wont harm the baby. Its horrible. Hope you get better quick. x

I feel the same, ive had bronchitis since aug which just wont go away, i need anti-biotics but im so worried about harming the baby that ive just dealt with it. Ive coughed so much in the past few months but the doctor reasused me that coughing wont harm the baby. Its horrible. Hope you get better quick. x

Hope you feel better soon hun xx

Have you talked to your doctor or midwife? You may need to get the lingering cough checked out. They can also give you something with codeine that will help with the pain and the cough. (codeine is the best cough suppressant ever and it's safe during pregnancy) They need to listen to your lungs though to be sure it hasn't turned into pneumonia or bronchitis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->