What can i take??

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by JemmaD, Dec 26, 2009.

1. JemmaD

JemmaD 3rd trimester

this is the 3rd time ive had the flu in 4 months it just keeps coming back to me, im taking all my vit etc..... this time its leftme with a really bad cough its starting to hurt my belly and ribs when i cough does any one know of any thing safe i can take to help it?

2. cindi

cindi Mom of 4 girls

.ask your pharmacist. you would need something straight for the cough as most other combo type drugs aren't good for the baby. robitussin dm is a straight cough one but it never worked for me so i just deal

3. angeljewel

angeljewel Expecting #2

Most kids cough medicine that is just glycerin is ok to take and usually says safe for pregnant women on the label, so that might help x

Might be glycerol, not sure, I get mixed up between the two!!

4. XxXBubsXxX

XxXBubsXxX 1 Littl'en but want 2!!!!

I feel the same, ive had bronchitis since aug which just wont go away, i need anti-biotics but im so worried about harming the baby that ive just dealt with it. Ive coughed so much in the past few months but the doctor reasused me that coughing wont harm the baby. Its horrible. Hope you get better quick. x

5. JemmaD

JemmaD 3rd trimester

Hope you feel better soon hun xx

6. honeygrl

honeygrl Well-Known Member

Have you talked to your doctor or midwife? You may need to get the lingering cough checked out. They can also give you something with codeine that will help with the pain and the cough. (codeine is the best cough suppressant ever and it's safe during pregnancy) They need to listen to your lungs though to be sure it hasn't turned into pneumonia or bronchitis.