What car do you own? I am car shopping!

greenbeans12

Reaction score
Heya girls,

my OH and I are car shopping right now. I am from America so I am used to all of the bigger cars and currently drive a Kia Sorento SUV. However, my OH does not want an SUV because they don't get good gas mileage. He has tried to level with me and mentioned the 2013 Nissan Juke (I don't like the shape) and he also wanted a 2013 Kia Ceed (the ugliest car he has suggested).

We want something spacious, good on gas, and nice looking. If I can't get a SUV then I will settle on a bigger sized car. We are only looking for new cars, not previously owned because we want something reliable for the kid's.

What do you drive? How do you like it? What do you suggest? Thanks! :flower:

I have a renult megane, its huge and i love it !

I agree about the nissan Jukes, they are made in my home town so see alot of them the shape is quiet off putting but they are very spacious inside and are lovely cars

We have the Nissan qashqai +2 and love it it's so comfy and roomy but the mpg is rubbish (our's is a 2litre petrol automatic and we get about 26mpg)

I have a VW Golf bluemotion. Does about 800 miles on a full tank. Love it!

I have a VW Golf bluemotion. Does about 800 miles on a full tank. Love it!

My Dad has VW Golf BLuemotion and he loves it....always going on about how much money he is saving compared to my Ford Focus

VW Passat CC.

Absolutely gorgeous! Really good mpg, I have the 2.0TDCi Auto.

We got several cars for different members, but we all agree that our Toyota Camry is by far the best investment. We got it a little more than 6 years ago, and it still works perfectly. It hasn't had any problems whatsoever, and it drives very smoothly. Easy to turn, great brakes, comfy interior.

2013 Mazda 2 - probably a little small if you desire an SUV! She's a beaut for me though.

How opposed to a minivan are you?

We drive a 2002 Nissan Quest. It gets between 18-20 mpg, and has a decent amount of storage though it's too old a model to have the hidden floor compartments like some I see advertised now. But it can seat 6-7 people as there's two bucket passenger seats and a bench seat behind that. The back is big enough to hold a good sized grocery shop.

We have a Honda Civic which is awesome on gas and etc but seriously the smallest car ever ( its the 4 door version) I find in a pain in the ass to get Jords in and out of her car seat and etc oh and her stroller Graco Trekko is a bitch to get in the trunk I struggle with it.. I would love to have an SUV only because i think there great for people who have kids and etc.. but I agree the gas on them suck and thats prob my only downside on ever getting one aha :p! I'm seriously no help!

We have a Peugeot 5008 and can't rate it enough, fab fuel economy, sooooooo light to drive for such a large car, tons of space, love it!

I have one of these. White ford focus zetec s. 1.6. It's not that good on fuel tbh lol but I only tootle around in it, it's much more efficient for longer journeys and is good as a diesel. :( but I do love it. Just wish it was a bit more powerful. It's very spacious, nice big boot, looks good, and obviously there's a newer version/shape now Xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 3
we have a renault grand scenic, I love it but its not great on fuel but it does convert into a 7 seater and is very roomy with a fab boot with seats up and down x

We're car shopping too at the moment and have pretty much set our sights on a Mazda CX-5. It's a crossover SUV, so pretty spacious, but also brilliant on fuel consumption (I think about 6.5-6.9 litres per 100km on the 2l models). I personally quite like the way they look too.

I have a Santa Fe (so the same as the Sorento) but have you looked at:

VW Touran?
Seat Alhambra?
Ford S-Max?
Peugeot 5008/3008?

If you want a crossover then the Juke is a good suggestion but they are pokey inside I feel.

BMW X1 X-Drive?
BMW X3?
Volvo XC60?
Hyundai ix35?
Kia Sportage?

How about an estate? Hyundai i40? Toyota Avensis? Honda Accord? for a few examples. But Merc, BMW, VW, Audi, Seat (Exeo), Skoda Octavia and Superb etc are all contenders too.

I agree about the juke being pokey, my mum has one and I can barely fit a pram in the boot x

We have an Audi A6 estate. It's massive. Can fit loads in it. Drives very smoothly and is very easy to handle. Before we had the A6 we had the A4 which has a slightly smaller boot but also a really good car.

https://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/226552_10151553488490362_291408063_n.jpg

Fuel wise it's very good on long journeys, we managed to do 278 miles on a full tank and still have enough fuel to do about another 100 miles.

We have a BMW M5 and BMW 330. They are both great cars, not very economical though :lol:

Thanks girls. :flower:

It took forever with looking, pricing, going through every car individually, and looking up ratings, and which was a good brand. We ALMOST just went with the Juke because we both got sick of going back and forth but we finally agreed on a 2013 Chevrolet Trax, it's the closest to the style I was seeking and roomy. He goes to the dealership this weekend to take a look and see if they have the color we're looking for and to see where he is going to get the best price. Hopefully he drives off the lot with our new car!!!

Attachments

• Chevrolet-Trax-Review.jpg
    Chevrolet-Trax-Review.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 3
My mum has the nissan quashqai+2 and I love it!!

I drive a volvo s40, and it is so reliable. It's a 2006, and I've had it for ages, and it's not given me any trouble.

OH drives a saab estate, 2007. And I like it, it's quite spacious.

We're looking for an SUV, we both really like the Volvo jeeps. Just the other day I took a sorento for a test drive though, and I liked it. And another one we're looking at is the Hyundai santa fe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->