What Christmassy things have you done today?

I'm pulling a double shift... but its my last shift til Weds :happydance: roll on 8pm! I bought my dad's present today and I'm going to buy my last 2 things in the morning. xx

We just got back from our little Christmas break, it was only one night but so nice to take the kids away and for somebody else to do the cooking and cleaning. We saw Father Christmas too which the kids liked obviously!

Took Holly to see santa and we went to see the talking reindeer again.

Today the kids and I decorated slippers with sparkly stickers, gem stars, light up necklaces and bells for our family Christmas party tomorrow. The theme is slippers and there is a prize for the best ones. I think my kids will be hard to beat!

Rio is being really hard work and isn’t adjusting well to not being at school! Its been so hard filling up the days so he isn’t told off!
Today we’re making and decorating Christmas biscuits to leave out for Santa tomorrow night. Then I have stupidly forgot my dads Xmas gift so need to dash out and get that.
We’re going to make some Christmas paper chain to leave out for Santa tonight too. Rio has a whole pile of junk he’s leaving out for poor Santa, I’ll have to make sure I dispose of it well :haha:

Halfway through my Christmas cleaning now. This morning the kids watched a new Christmas film and this afternoon they’ve another one to watch. We hope to make reindeer cakes today too. Tomorrow is the ‘big day’ here in Finland and the start of our 2 day Christmas celebrations. We have Father Christmas coming at 4.20 tomorrow afternoon and the kids are beyond excited!

Girls are just away to their dads so nipping to the shop for cookies amd double cream (forgot them yesterday) and then home to do as much tidying as I can. Plan on taking presents to my friends later for her and her two daughters, and stealing some wrapping paper from her to wrap the puppy surprise toys I bought yesterday. After that, it will be chill out, and watch a movie. Get the girls back tomorrow afternoon, they are already high as kites since finishing school/nursery yesterday

Wrapped the final Christmas present! Officially done! :xmas10:

So far today, we have made 3 batches of fudge and one lot of christmas biscuits. Iv done the dishes as i go, which is something i never do. Kids are making a mess and are not adjusting well to the being home, combined with excitement for christmas. Later, im going to get them ready for bed early stick them in the car and drive around looking at lights. I just need to find something to do to occupy them untill then. Ds has bought out this huge wilko lego ship he got for his birthday in march and has decided 2 days before christmas is the best time to do it. 😔 so the living room is a tip again. Im currently hiding in the garden away from the mess.

Booked some tickets for Holly to see the Sleeping Beauty pantomime as she's too ill to go to the one today.

Went for a walk in the snow (fresh snow was falling as well today!) and then played outside a while. DS and Nanny are now making reindeer cup cakes whilst DD and grandad watch peter Rabbit’s Christmas tale.

Went to my nans foe Christmas. The girls got very spoilt and I've spent the last two hours building playmobil. DH has now finished work so Christmas can truly begin :)

Ive done SO much today! My last day at work was yesterday, worked 7.30 til 3 on the post and 4.30 til 8 in the shop. Woke up at 4am today, shower at 5.30 and outside Tesco at 5.50 ���� got my last bits, came home did 2 loads of washing and had a nightmare with my printer. Went to town and bought my last few gifts, visited my auntie, wrapped almost everything, picked the kids up and dropped OH at the pub, drove round looking at Christmas lights then came home made reindeer food and cookies then had takeaway. Kids in bed now and I am Pooped :rofl: xx

What a busy day! Well done on getting everything done. You deserve a nice relaxed evening after that!

Ive done SO much today! My last day at work was yesterday, worked 7.30 til 3 on the post and 4.30 til 8 in the shop. Woke up at 4am today, shower at 5.30 and outside Tesco at 5.50 ���� got my last bits, came home did 2 loads of washing and had a nightmare with my printer. Went to town and bought my last few gifts, visited my auntie, wrapped almost everything, picked the kids up and dropped OH at the pub, drove round looking at Christmas lights then came home made reindeer food and cookies then had takeaway. Kids in bed now and I am Pooped :rofl: xx

I’m exhausted just reading this - sounds like a great day though (in grown up land where we don’t get to have real fun anymore!)

I managed to bake cakes and biscuits with the kids and then have wrapped all the kids presents and put their Christmas Eve box out ready for the morning

Helped mum wrap presents and cuddled my newborn lots :cloud9: not christmassy but rather smitten so :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->