What constipates your LO?

I

Indigo77

I can't figure it out.

I thought it was the oatmeal, but some of his poos are still hard...
I thought it was banana or sweet potato...still getting some tootsie rolls...

I added 1/2 oz of water to each of his bottles...(he gets 6/day)...
I went down from 3 meals back to 2/day...

More tootsie rolls...

Is this just how it is, or am I doing something wrong? :shrug:

Can't give any advice but didn't want to read and run. I will say that I'll never look at tootsie rolls the same way again! :haha:

Sometimes his poos are more like Whoppers or Raisinets...:winkwink:

Banana and using full fat milk in his porridge instead of formula, have you tried to give more pear to help him go? Xx

Yes, pear & prunes are quite popular here. I should really say he's constipated....it's that his poos are quite solid & dense.

Bananas and avocados did it to my LO when we started out. She's alright to eat bananas now though, I just don't give them every day. She has oats every morning and has no problem with them, sweet potato pretty often too and no trouble there. We offer water with every meal. 1 part fresh orange juice to 10 parts water made her go after five days and no poop

I think if you're just in the earlier days of weaning (first month or so) it's just their tummy getting used to solids etc. There were many days we skipped solids in those first couple months to let his tummy have a bit of a break and let the breast milk be a natural laxative. Lots of peaches, pears, plums, prunes to keep him regular :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->