What contraception are you ladies using while WTT?

L

LilMiss_91

My Dr put me on a mini pill called Micronor at my 6wk PP checkup but it made my appetite skyrocket (and as I'm dieting that isn't ideal) so I've stopped taking it and we're now just using condoms.
I've been on several types of combined pill in the past but none seem to agree with me :/.
Just wondering what you ladies are using? Having to stop mid-foreplay for OH to get a condom on kinda ruins the mood a bit lol but at the same time I'm worried about using anything that might take a while to adjust back from when we come to TTC.

Iv been on cilest pill for 8yrs. Condoms really are yuk. We had to use them for a while last year and it just made me but want to bother, the smell, the moment killer. I am a bit worried about my cycle getting back to normal but I'll cross that bridge nearer the time

@spicyorange Ugh the smell is just disgusting! Even the flavoured ones have that smell.
If our situation was different I would be tempted to chart and use the withrawal method but my cycle is still all over the place since being pregnant and we really can't risk bubba #2 making a surprise appearance quite yet! Lol.
It sucks that there aren't more non-hormonal methods available. I've never liked putting drugs and things in my body at the best of times :/.

@katherinegrey What do you hate about it? :S

I'm not on any contraceptive. We use the withdrawal method.

Ooh sorry I pressed post before I elaborated :haha: I spot all the time on this pill :(

We use withdrawal as well! Never really have any slip-ups in the past year we've used it, EXCEPT for this month when we almost slipped twice. It's been very effective.

I'm not on anything, haven't been for a year now, we just use condoms during my fertile period.

I have been using the withdrawal method for about 3 years, I've recently been put on cilest too but I hate it! Constantly hungry.and I've now had a period for about .5 weeks! Hut doc told me I have to try it for 3 months to help with my endometriosis :(

Interesting to hear different people's stories, just shows that it differs for everyone cuz iv never had any issues

I am on Loloestrin Fe. I am going to be getting off all medication in two years and going to the withdrawal method. I am tired of my BC and my anti-anxiety meds messing with my sex drive, as in, I have none any more.

I'm currently breastfeeding, so I'm on the mini pill, and DH and I are also using condoms. Double protection, we really cannot afford, nor can we mentally handle another any time soon

Withdrawal method and the occasional condom during the most critical period. I don't think ANYONE likes them - everything about them is just crap, apart from the obvious family-planning factor ... and even that's crap to me now as personally I'd be perfectly happy if I got pregnant before we officially started trying. Why do they have to be so annoyingly effective? Meh.

Ok, different question... how do you ladies track your cycles? Do you temp/chart CM/use opks or just go by dates?
I wouldn't even know where to start with my dates :S

Hi lilmiss!
ive just started temping this month using the fertility friend app to chart,its a lot easier than I thought!then this will give me an idea of when to use opks.it also flags up your most fertile days on a calendar if you record your af on it.its pretty simple really,considering I was really daunted by it all at first. The ladies on here are really helpful if youre unsure at all xx

I've always been like clockwork so I just go by date and know around the time I should be expecting it.

We've been using the FAM method of NFP for 2 and a bit years (28th cycle now), with no mishaps. I make him pull out between CD5 and 3DPO, but outside those times he can do what he likes ;) We don't have kids yet so don't know how easily we will get pregnant...so don't know if we're just really good at this method or if we have problems with our fertility. I know I'm ovulating though, so that's one good thing! My cycles used to be regular as clockwork but I'm pretty irregular now, so I like that i have a heads up on when to expect AF, too.

I was on various types of pill for years, and they destroyed my sex drive to the point where their contraceptive effect came entirely from making me just not want anything to do with :sex: at all! We used condoms for a while, off and on, but never really liked them. I've never liked the idea of depo, as I've seen friends react badly to it, and the idea of having a coil makes me want to cross my legs!

I like that all I have to do is take my temperature in the morning and enter it into my chart, with my CM details, and let hubby know what's happening so he knows if he needs to pull out. No nasty hormones, no interruptions, and it wouldn't be terrible if we got pregnant right now - it'd complicate things a little, but only a little.

I'm not sure what we'll do between kids (we want two), probably the same as we're doing now, but after we're sure we've completed our family, I will probably get myself sterilised.

I'm charting CM and cervical position at the moment. Also counting days, but still many cycles bemuse me! Want to start temping soon to be sure. :)

We are using an app to track my cycles and fertile days, I also notate fertile cm when noticed, and withdraw method, only pull out on fertile times. Used successfully for over a year.

Tried nuvaring-had a lot of infections, made me lightheaded out of nowhere.
Implanon-bled for 9 mos pretty much straight(had like 1 or 2 days every so often that I dint bleed)
Refuse to do any inter uterine devices, hubby and I don't feel comfortable with it.
Won't try depo since it is progesterone only like the implanon and I am not dealing with that again
Can't do the pill I'm honest with myself and hubby agrees I wouldn't remember to take it everyday.

But I do like this combined method, helps me be more aware of my body and I like that makes it easier to tell if something is off, and know it isn't because Of the birthcontrol method:thumbup:

Thankyou so much for all the great information and advice, you ladies have been so helpful :D

To temp do I have to just take my regular temperature or what? I know that sounds dumb but I heard it was your "basal" (sp?) body temperature or something??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->