What contraception are you using whilst WTT?

Blondie_x

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm a new member here but having been browsing the forums for a while now. I am 25 years old and I'm planning to start TTC for baby #1 in May 2014. I'm not married but have been with my boyfriend for over 7 years.

I'm currently on the mini pill and I really don't like the side affects I am getting from being on it. I have been planning to finish my pill at the end of January so that I can spend a few months before TTC to get used to tracking my cycles. However I don't know what I should do about contraception during that time, and if it wasn't for that I would just come off the pill right now instead of waiting to the end of January. The obvious solution would be condoms but my partner doesn't like using them. I was thinking about tracking my cycles right away so I know what time of the month is not safe to have unprotected sex but at the moment I have no idea what my cycles will be like. I was thinking I could use the diaphragm in combination with NFP. Has anyone used a diaphragm before? If so, what are your experiences?

I'm interested to know, what is your method of contraception whilst WTT?

We have been using and will continue to use the withdraw method. It has been working well for us for 2 years now, so I will just stick to that. Like you, I hated the way BC made me feel.

I'm back on the birth control pill. It's what I used for 6 years prior to getting pregnant with Evelyn, and I've never had a problem with it. I also like the fact that when we decided we were ready to start trying, I just had to stop taking it. Didn't affect my fertility either; ended up pregnant on the second cycle off of it. :)

Hi and welcome!

I stopped taking the mini pill in March, as it didn't agree with me. Currently, I am keeping an eye on my cycles and ovulation and we use condoms around that time. They are horrible things, but when its only 3 or 4 times a month its not too bad. And we have kinda got used to them. I've never used a diaphragm before!

X

I had my IUD (copper) taken out last month and now I am just charting, avoiding my fertile days, and DH withdraws.

If you think it is realistic for you, maybe look in to charting as a means of preventing pregnancy?

I have the implanon/nexplanon implant, which is due out in February and is when we'll start TTC. I wouldn't recommend it if you're only looking for something for six months!

We have been using and will continue to use the withdraw method. It has been working well for us for 2 years now, so I will just stick to that. Like you, I hated the way BC made me feel.

After reading the original post, I was a bit unsure of saying what I'm about to say. But then I read another poster's comment.. so here goes:

I originally used to take birth control, but stopped that of July 2012. Since then we started off using condoms, but more so now we just use the withdrawal method.
Although I know, not the best contraception out there, but over a year now, and we've not got caught.
Way I see it, if we do get caught earlier than planned, at least we're in a LT committed relationship.

Thanks for all your replies. For those of you who use the withdrawl method, do you also chart your cycles and avoid sex during your ovulation time?

I've been charting for over 2 years, and we use withdrawal between CD5 and 3DPO. After ovulation is confirmed, we don't use any contraception until AF comes. Not a single 'scare' in all that time. I know it doesn't work for everyone, but it seems to work for us :) That said, we don't know what our fertility levels are like, as we haven't TTC yet!

Thanks for all your replies. For those of you who use the withdrawl method, do you also chart your cycles and avoid sex during your ovulation time?

Yes, that's what we do. We always withdraw anyways, even when I am not fertile. I got pregnant with DD because I ovulated WAY earlier than normal.. lol so we're just extra careful.

We don't chart at all. But like said above, we don't actually know how fertile we are.

Nothing as a) we very rarely get to have sex (last time was sometime in October) and b) I track my cycles so know when I'm fertile and not fertile. It takes me a long time to get pregnant anyway so doubt we'd have an oopsie.

I keep track on an app on my phone, but we always withdraw no matter what point in my cycle.

hardly dtd about once or twice a month lost my libido majorly erm but when we do it's normally pull out method but we do have non lAlex condoms

We use withdrawal but I also chart temps and cervical mucus. We don't avoid sex but definitely pull out around ovulation. After ovulation is confirmed on my tracker we don't pull out.

Im using bcp. Thinking about stopping them next month, but the problem is I used to have horrible acne which totally disappeared on these pills. I hate having acne so I am scared to stop taking them...

Never used anything but condoms and I've found them fine. :thumbup:

I have the Mirena IUD and will be getting it removed on Jan 3rd. From there Ill chart and we will use the withdraw method. If we have an oppsie, its fine because we have been married over 7 years.. :thumbup:

We haven't used any this month...Usually DTD every 2-3 days...We'll see how that goes

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->