What contraception are you using whilst WTT?

I've just come of a contraceptive pill so we'll be using condoms until ready to TTC

I'm not currently on BC, and we usually only use condoms around when I might be ovulating. DH always withdrawals too...

If you are looking for a BC while you are WTT, I think the nuvaring is a great choice. You can take it out if it bothers either of you during the deed, and I found the side effects to be very minimal (I am usually very sensitive to hormonal BC or side effects from other medication).

Condoms for us aswel. I have recently tried few variations of BC pills but non of them suited so easiest way for us is condoms. OH not so keen though :haha:.

My contraception is easy now a few months after the birth of my DD. It is guaranteed and foolproof...we simply don't do it! There is either no time, no energy or no inclination! Trying to co-ordinate something to happen between me and my hubby is just too difficult so we aren't even thinking about it for now.
Hopefully that will change soon!

I'm on the mini pill right now because I'm still breastfeeding DD2 and most other hormonal methods of birth control don't agree with me anyways. I've been thinking of getting the mirena iud put in though as we don't plan on ttc again for another 2 years.

Pull out and pray! Haha!
To be honest I have fallen pregnant on birth control before anyway so we don't see the point. We have sex maybe 4 times a week (usually more) and it works for us.
I am waiting on my cycles to regulate as there was a short period when I really couldn't get pregnant so I went on depo. When I am back to a regular cycle we will only pull out during fertile times. I bought a persona monitor to track this (currently my cycles are only 14 days!!)

Abstinence :coffee:

But, when OH comes home, we're going to try charting & the pull-and-pray. If it doesn't happen - great! If it does happen - great! :haha:

We used the withdrawal for about 6 months but switched to condoms as it got closer to our wedding. We will probably go back to it after the wedding until we TTC in May.

Pull out and pray! Haha!
To be honest I have fallen pregnant on birth control before anyway so we don't see the point. We have sex maybe 4 times a week (usually more) and it works for us.
I am waiting on my cycles to regulate as there was a short period when I really couldn't get pregnant so I went on depo. When I am back to a regular cycle we will only pull out during fertile times. I bought a persona monitor to track this (currently my cycles are only 14 days!!)

:shock:

Good for you! I'm lucky to have it two times a month:haha:

Pull out and pray! Haha!

Haha! I was actually worried as we used to do it every day and I thought it was bad that we had reduced so much! We don't have kids though so I guess it is a lot easier for us.

We use condoms and withdrawl. But, we don't really DTD very often, so there's not much chance that I could fall pregnant anyways...

I had a mirena, which I loved! I had it taken out a few months before ttc so my cycles could get back to normal so we're using condoms now, which neither of us like. I'm really looking forward to ttc again.

Pull out and pray! Haha!

I'm lucky to have it two times a year!! :haha: OH and I still live with our parents :shy:

I'm on a generic version of Nordette bcp called Portia. It's fine, not great but fine. I loved being on Yaz for years but all the generic versions killed my sex drive and no insurance will pay for the name brand. Boo. I'm planning to stop soon and start tracking my cycles anyways though. If we decide to continue WTT we'll use condoms which we both hate but oh well. Definitely getting an IUD after our first! I've been on bcp for almost 10 years and I'm bored with it.

I've been on bcp for almost 10 years and I'm bored with it.
I know the feeling. Although not near 10 years, at first I didn't mind the BCP. But then afterwards, I was like do I have to keep taking it. And after taking it for several years, I began to hate the taste, and saw taking it as a chore.

Must have been my body's way of telling me, "time to plan a baby" :haha:

I was taking the mini pill after having DD, but after a few months, it started making me feel pregnant :wacko: dizziness, morning sickness/nausea, headaches. UGH! So now we are doing pretty much withdrawal, and natural family planning.

I find a lot of hormonal contraception to really affect my fertility and cycles, and we both aren't fans of any barrier method. Although, we are in the situation that if we were blessed with a surprise, it wouldn't be the end on the world, now drastically change anything, so I'm quite happy with what we are doing :flower:

I know the feeling. Although not near 10 years, at first I didn't mind the BCP. But then afterwards, I was like do I have to keep taking it. And after taking it for several years, I began to hate the taste, and saw taking it as a chore.

lol! Must be :) I like that reasoning.

I felt the same way about vitamins until I found gummy vitamins. If they made gummy bcp's I bet I'd hate it less!

I've been on bcp for almost 10 years and I'm bored with it.

This exactly. Such a chore. Although now that I'm charting, tracking my CM and taking my temperature is a pretty big hassle too. At least this way, I'm not pumping my body full of hormones that it HATES! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->