what contraception has everyone gone onto since having little one

violet 73

mum to 4, 3 boys & 1 girl
Reaction score
its something i need to think when i go for my 6 week check . violet xx

In the past I've had the Merina coil twice which was great. That's what I'll be having once I've given birth to Smudge:happydance:

I also had the implant....don't have this if you've ever suffered from depression. It sent me over the edge, it seemed the ideal contraceptive but blimey it sent me into a spiralling depression. Luckily I recovered fairly quickly once it was removed.

Well, I was using condoms and am PG again. What a shocker, since I tried so hard for Amy! Guess I have two little miracles! But after this baby I will have the implant I think.

In the past I've had the Merina coil twice which was great. That's what I'll be having once I've given birth to Smudge:happydance:

I also had the implant....don't have this if you've ever suffered from depression. It sent me over the edge, it seemed the ideal contraceptive but blimey it sent me into a spiralling depression. Luckily I recovered fairly quickly once it was removed.

Oh, just read about the Implant and depression, guess I would not have that then. :dohh: Don't know now as I don't want the coil and don't want to trust condoms again. I will have to see what else there is. lol.

We are using condoms when we get time....not much sexy time here since baby was born.Too tired at night and too busy during day.We literally make 'appointments' with each other...which gets cancelled a lot!

I've been on the pill since 3wks post. However, on teh 26th I'm getting the Mirena! :happydance:

the pill and this post just reminded me to go take it :rofl:

I've got the implant. I have had depression and have not felt bad or anything since having it in... :o/

thanks ladies i was on the depo before but it sent my sex drive down hill i used to dread it when hubby wanted it , was thinking about the mirena but when my sister had it in it fell to the bottom of her cervix & she didn,t relise untill she had it checked out because she was still bleeding but she has had 4 normal deliveries maybe that has something to do with it , ive had 4 c sections so not sure & for condoms i hate the things & would rather not have :sex: than use condoms , what is everyone elses experience with the mirena & does it hurt when they put it in ? violet x

I've got the implant. I have had depression and have not felt bad or anything since having it in... :o/

That is reassuring, guess I will have to ask doc about the chances. :)

my child IS my contraceptive :rofl:
that and a 4 hour drive :)

(seriously though, im not using anything as we havent had sex yet since she was born... maybe when we live back with each other ill think what i want to do, but untill them with a baby in my room and my parents in the next one its a right passion killer!!))

My daughter is the biggest contraception I have ever used!!! I would expect this to continue for a while! The doctor has prescribed me the pill...don't think I will bother taking it yet tho - it put me 1/2 stone on last time I was on it and I am trying to lose weight!!!! x

the mini pill. alothugh we never have sex anyway im always to tired xx

Oh. I was thinking of having this. Is there an actual direct link then? I'd best avoid it if there is as I used to suffer from terrible depression. Couldn't handle that with Oliver around now.

I was on the Nuvaring but had some bad side effects so recently got off that. I got on it because after I had Liam, I had such bad mommy-brain that I could never remember to take my pill. But now I am getting ready to go back on the pill, and meantime, the joy of condoms!

I was on the patch, but combined with not enough sleep, it was making me very moody and depressed and I'm not a depressed person. OH and I decided to stuff contraception and if I fall pregnant again so be it. If we have a 2nd one, he has offered to go for an "operation". Pills and me just don't work and we both hate condoms.

Ive been on the pill now for 2 months , I hate it :( and hate condoms but really dont want another lil bubby right now so ill suck it up and keep on the pill

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->