what contraception has everyone gone onto since having little one

In the past I've had the Merina coil twice which was great. That's what I'll be having once I've given birth to Smudge:happydance:

I also had the implant....don't have this if you've ever suffered from depression. It sent me over the edge, it seemed the ideal contraceptive but blimey it sent me into a spiralling depression. Luckily I recovered fairly quickly once it was removed.

Oh. I was thinking of having this. Is there an actual direct link then? I'd best avoid it if there is as I used to suffer from terrible depression. Couldn't handle that with Oliver around now.

When I was suffering and my friend mentioned that it could be to do with the implant I didn't believe her....it seemed like the perfect contraceptive to me. As the weeks went on, somebody else mentioned it and when I asked the Dr she said that somebody should have warned me about this with my history of postnatal depression:hissy:....bit bloody late by then.

I swiftly had it removed and was feeling much better within just a couple of weeks (I was still sceptical when having it removed that it could have been the cause:dohh:). I would warn people so they are aware about the possible side effects, I'm sure it's fab for lots of people but if you have a history of depression make sure you discuss it with your Dr and be aware of any signs if you do decide to have it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->