what did/does your 4 week old do during the day?

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
as it says in the title really.

joshua is just over 4 weeks now.

he just seems to have a bottle and then sleep.
he is awake a little through the day.

is this normal/ ok?

im guessing if he needs his sleep then let him,right?

He is a couple of days younger than Amelia and that is pretty much all she does, she might stay awake maybe an hour after a feed then she will sleep.

It sounds pretty normal to me, but i'm a first timer too so not sure!

x

thats what jessica was like
every day that passes she becomes more alert and awake :)

yea he is awake sometimes but not much.

he usually has a bottle then sleeps for abit then wake up for a little while go to sleep then wakes for another feed.

At 4 weeks that is all they pretty much do, make the most of it whildt you can

At 4 weeks that is all they pretty much do, make the most of it whildt you can

oh thats ok then as long as its normal as such.

Completely normal! Wait a couple of more weeks and you'll be surprised at how much more alert he is!!

Completely normal! Wait a couple of more weeks and you'll be surprised at how much more alert he is!!

All hell breaks loose!

ROFL!

Mine generally sleeps a lot during the day (except today) but I know that will all change in a matter of weeks.

Help! Rebecca barely sleeps during the day. I've managed to get her down now in her cot for a while so this is her 1pm nap but then bet you she'll be awake most of the afternoon. I think she zonks so well sleeping in bed with me at at night that she doesn't need much in day. Is that right? I wish she slept all the time. Had a man come to value the house today and had a proper nightmare trying to tidy up cos she was crying and needed carrying. Couldn't get her in her sling cos she was wriggling too much too.Bummer. You're lucky Amy, hope he sleeps daytimes for a while for oyu xx

All hell breaks loose!

ROFL!

Mine generally sleeps a lot during the day (except today) but I know that will all change in a matter of weeks.

:rofl: Your telling me, I just gave up trying to get Hannah down for a morning nap

I had the same problem with Donovan for a while, I just could not get him to sleep during the day and then he would be fussy for the rest of the day. I finally put him in his swing one morning and he was out like a light. Now he takes at least one nap a day in the swing and we are much happier for it. Just tossing that out to try and help your sanity, I know it saved mine.

It sounds pretty normal to me, but i'm a first timer too so not sure!

x

I WISH! Tabs has been so alert since 2 weeks old and only has 30 min power naps during the day. Her limit of awake time before going into meltdown is around 2 hours now and she either plays with her gym,i talk and sing to her(poor sod!) goes in her swing, and i just got one of those tummy time lamaze turny garden swirl things-forgot name of it although she is not too keen on it at the mo :-( The rest of the awake time is ,changing,bath etc.
I checked with the consultant today as i said other babies sleep a lot but mine doesnt and he said thats normal too :hugs:

I had the same problem with Donovan for a while, I just could not get him to sleep during the day and then he would be fussy for the rest of the day. I finally put him in his swing one morning and he was out like a light. Now he takes at least one nap a day in the swing and we are much happier for it. Just tossing that out to try and help your sanity, I know it saved mine.

We do use the swing, sometimes she'll sleep in it, sometimes she won't. Mostly during the day I end up holding her so she'll take a nap :dohh: Although right now she is sleeping in the swing and has been there for 45 minutes or so :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->