what did you do today that was Christmassy?

In my company we are allowed 2 days off, i only work wed, thur and friday. This year with Christmas and New year falling as it is a lot of people want the tues and weds off and i only want wed and thurs before new year. There is a huge barmy going on between 3 ladies (doesnt include me but the dreaded question "what do you think Pen?" came up)

Its like being in a playground in my office....COME ON LOTTERY FAIRY!!!

Went christmas shopping in Sainsbury's yesterday for their toy sale and got quite a few bits for only £55.

Saw some other bits I wanted so going back tonight.

Some of my Christmas presents for Lucas came yesterday and I'm tracking some more due today for him and family. I'm so excited!! I'm on fire with gifts this year, I can't believe I have to wait another two months to give them out :cry:
My colleague at work asked today if I'll get her some make-up for Christmas and this excites me even more because she's trusted me to buy her what I think she'll like (she buys really rubbish make-up).
Exciting!!

Ohh we have just done Secret Santa and i have someone who will appreciate me crocheting a shawl

Mazzy17 - That's the worst when people try to bring you into their mess :dohh: I would let them bicker it out amongst themselves.

I agree with Vaniilla, let them bicker it out!

Went to Sainsburys toy sale today, thought it was brilliant! They said they are getting new stock in every day so was plenty there and despite being 'done' for my dd I still got a load more haha!

I also got a Christmas songs book from the book man at my dd nursery. It has a cd and 25 Christmas songs to sing along to with children. I am going to let her elf bring it with her on 1st December. Cant wait!!

Cant believe how Christmassy I feel so early. Might need to have a little early view of the Gavin and Stacey Christmas special soon!!

I booked our visit to see Father Christmas. Taking a steam train journey and he visits us on board, and we got a private compartment for just us. ��

Watched another Mickey Mouse Christmas show on Netflix with the tot I babysit before her nap. That's about it here.

Came into work and all the decs are up :happydance:
Oh my goodness! Where do you work?!?!

I got my rota for the Christmas period and, having expected to be working Christmas day, I am doing boxing day and the day after, then nights over new years. Then tonight found out hubby has booked a few days off, so we will all be off from the Tuesday! So I am now looking for some fun festive things for us to do.

I haven't done much that's Christmassy lately. Halloween is in full swing and is taking over at the moment. But today I did get to come up with lists for stockings for both daughters, which helped me feel a bit more organized.

This morning, oh told me he had actually booked his annual leave for Christmas. He finishes on the 26th November and goes back the second week of Jan. And then ds requested we all go downstairs together ( I'm usualy up half the night with dd so OH let's me stay in bed a little longer while he brings kids down) then ds asked for a bacon cob for breakfast which we only usualy have at Christmas. And it had my oven on since I got up baking the kids salt dough makes from last night. DS said it felt so Christmasy. I agree. It REALY did.

I'm still waiting to hear about dh work. He is self employed anyway but a gardener. He splits his hours between 2 houses. One only every wants him to do till the end of November and restart in March. The other, where the bulk of his hours are, usually has him still want him in all winter. Last though she asked him to not do 5 months over winter! Then she quickly realised that wouldn't work and asked him to do less hours but still come in. This year she has a new man who agrees with dh that to keep the garden the way she wants it he does actually need to be there. She's just been away for a month though so we haven't been told yet. Either way he is going to take a large portion of December off.

Also I really want to buy more presents but have no spare money until the middle of November :(

Same here! No extra money, maybe for something small but that's it.

I'm currently watching Elf while browsing online Xmas decorations :) x

whoopsie, gaming chair, roller skates, Leappad platinum and nerf gun purchased. i am SOOOOO done now :haha::dohh:

Ha ha! I love the epic whoops. Not like oops I spent an extra £5. So like my finger slip of 2 huge imaginext sets

Today I picked up a few more presents, and I started wrapping! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->