Flowers
Candles
Envelope making set
365 days happiness journal
Pens
Fluffy socks
Bath stuff
Chocolate

My MIL is bringing presents over later too.

My MIL got me a lovely jumper and a make up set :)

I got a massive box of my absolute FAVORITE chocolate truffles from DH. And I mean it's massive. There's at least 3o truffles in the box. 85% dark chocolate and smoother than Lindor truffles. Perfection. These are so valuable to me, I don't even need to hide them from the kids. They know well enough to leave Mom's box of extra fancy chocolate alone. :haha:

The kids got me an Instant Pot. Well, I need to actually buy one so it's more like they gave me permission to go out and buy the darn thing already. (I've only been threatening to get one for the last two years. :rofl:) I'm currently trying to decide how big of one I need and that's proving to be a big problem. There's too many to pick from!

I also got a few bits and bobs from Santa-some not-quite-as-fancy-and-nowhere-near-as-expensive chocolates, a large crispy caramel chocolate cookie, a tin of hot chocolate mix, and my favorite flavored fizzy water. Also got a few books about hiking and women adventurers. (DH and the kids got books on good day hikes, places to visit that aren't necessarily mainstream/touristy spots, and an atlas of all the US National Parks. The intention is once covid dies down and DH gets the all clear from his oncologist after he's done with cancer treatments, we may take a family trip somewhere in the US. Maybe not this next year but for sure in the next 2-3 years.)

We also do a family gift exchange with DH's family and we got a few retro comic books (a favorite in our house) and a gift certificate for our favorite coffee shop from our Secret Santa. There's another bit coming yet but part of it hadn't shown up before Christmas so we'll have to wait a bit longer for the rest of it.

My mom wasn't able to get her gifts to us yet due to Covid but if she's done her usual shopping, we'll all get a new t-shirt or sweatshirt, the kids will get a new toy or two, and I'll get an item printed with either my former hometown's name or my college alma mater's logo. (Last year it was a travel coffee mug. I love it. It keeps thing nice and hot or extra cold for HOURS. It's as good as a Yeti.) She's also been giving us a really nice quality photo print or a jigsaw puzzle. I'm hoping for the puzzle this year since my kids are all on a puzzle kick right now and we could use a new one to build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->