What do I need to buy for weaning/BLW?

topcat

Mum to a little girl!
Reaction score
Hi, not starting LO weaning yet - she's only 17 weeks, but am looking to start buying all the essentials so that I'm ready to start whenever the time strikes!
I'm currently living in Germany, but going to visit Scotland this week - so it's perfect time to buy any of the things I need for weaning. The selection of baby stuff is not so good here and often hard to find so I"d rather pop into Mothercare, Asda etc to pick up stuff.
So, I'm guessing I need bibs and lots of them! Anything else?
I've not decided what type of weaning we'll be doing. Probably a combination of puree and BLW (still to read up on BLW before I finally decide).
Any help would be great. What did you find essential?
:hugs:

We're BLW and my essentials would be:

highchair
splashmat for under the highchair
rubber / plastic mat to put on table - she eats from the table, not a tray or plate
I don't have one yet but keep considering a tommee tippee mat which you can stick a plate to, not sure what it's called
Long sleeved bib/coverall - BLW is messy! :winkwink:
I also have a doidy cup so she can drink from a rim rather than a spout.

That's it for us!

I have all the stuff Lu has apart from a splash mat for the floor. We have laminate flooring, so I just mop it up afterwards!

I have a plate/bowl sucky thing, but it is pretty useless. :)

We do BLW and essentials are:

High chair with tray
Free flowing cup
Splash mats

We sometimes use a bowl and spoon but it's not essential as most times she tips the food out the bowl and eats with her hands anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->