What do i need to take to hospital if I'm breastfeeding

jkhkjnjhb8879

Reaction score
So I am hoping to breastfeed so what do I need to take to hospital with me xx

I just took breast pads with me for any leaks, but my milk didn't come in until I was back home anyway so they weren't needed in the hospital

Silly question but what does baby drink then if your milk didn't come in x

Baby will drink colostrum little and often. The main milk doesn't come in until a few days later :)

You dont need anything. They provide everything. A pump and lanolin if you need it. You just need breasts. You will have milk but not free flowing for a few days.

PLEASE go check out la leche league international. LLLi.org. its FREE breastfeeding help. Meetings and everything.

Tell them you want to breastfeed. No bottles or pacifiers. Tell them you want a lactation consultant to come in. (It will be billed as part of your hospital bill, so free but outside of your stay, you will be billed). Call LLLi and get to a meeting.

Put baby to breasts. The first 6 weeks are the hardest. Adjusting, etc. It should NOT hurt.

For BFing baby, you don’t really need much at all. A nursing bra, breast pads.. that’s really about it! Good luck :flower:

Thanks ladies. I'm nervous to try and Breast feed baby x

Dont be nervous sweety it's really lovely. It's hard at first but they will teach u how to get baby to latch properly. Definitely buy some nipple cream because ure nipples can get sore. But the best advice I can give is do NOT put to much presure on yourself hon. Give it a try and see how u get on. Some womon take to it like a duck to water and other womon it can take a bit of time.

I wasnt aloud to breastfeed my last DD and wont be able to breastfeed this one because I'm on imunsuperssents because I've had a liver transplant and there very toxic so it's not safe for the baby. Its saddens me as I love breastfeeding and the closeness u feel your baby.
My DD had to be bottle fed with formula but she is very healthy and happy.
This baby will also be bottle fed but if I cud breast feed I wud 100%
It's so wonderful. But remember hon just give it a go and dont put any pressure on yourself at all.
Ure be fine sweety

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->