What do we need???

Vicks

Reaction score
Joe is only 3 and a half months but I'd like to get everything now for when we start weaning at 6 months.
So far we have a blender, storage cups, weaning spoons and am about to order a highchair, but I wondered what everyone would suggest we also need to get?? We not going to BLW when we do start at 6 months, but start on purees.
It's probably a really silly question, but this is our first baby and we don't really want to buy loads of stuff which we'll never use!

Not sure hon as we're doing BLW but hopefully someone else can help :hugs:

We also do BLW so not sure about pureeing really but sounds like you've got most stuff you need.
A tip for the highchair is to get one that the seat/tray is height adjustable as we initially had a fixed height one that wasn't a good height for our baby at all.
Can anyone else help? Surely there's someone who knows more than Lu and I! :)

You need some small bowls for when he's eating more which will be sooner than you think lol.

i have a weaning chart here which will help you find things to puree for him! https://www.netmums.com/food/Weaning_chart.420/

and some more ideas as that chart is only really good from 6 - 9 months -

pears and plums
sweet potatoes and apples
bananas and apples
apples and pumpkin
apples and blueberries
banana and avocado
beef and green beans
ham and apples

Also, remember to introduce some finger foods when your baby is showing signs of a good pincer grip, have a look at the sticky at the top of the weaning section, there is a whole load of finger food ideas :)

Have fun!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"