What do you buy a second child?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCS

Reaction score
We kept all of DSs old toys since we planned to have a second. Now DD is here i feel quite bad because we have nothing to buy her.
This year she will be 6 months so she will be getting a jumperoo and a my pal violet. I have no ideas for her.

We have DSs old chunky keyboard, wooden trolly with blocks, duplo, giant building blocks, rocking horse, toot toot garage, just to name a few.

Would you gift the toys to DD? Or just bring them out whenever.

I an in a similar position. Some toys I gave given already but I an going to using some bits as bulking presents for birthday and Christmas. Lucas is very excited about his old play table and giving it to Oliver for his birthday!

Oh i suppose if ds remembers that its his old toy he could give it to dd as a gift from him. Which im sure he would love to do.

My eldest remembers everything!! This is why gifts from him will be his old toys, also stops him saying "it's mine" as can be reminded that no he gave it to his brother.

I am also buying him new things just not as much

I have put away Rory's good quality baby toys that he has long since played with, and probably won't remember, and am going to gift them to my next LO for the first two years, as well as other smaller new bits that they may appreciate. I have stuff like the vintage Fisher Price telephone, a lovely wooden car slide/ ramp thingy, a wooden activity cube, a wooden push along.... All hardly used by Rory. He won't know/care that they were first his, and they're perfectly good toys so I may as well give them at Christmas instead of just through the year, because I didn't give Rory toys through the year. Once they turn two or three though I think I will struggle! It's one of the reasons I don't buy Rory absolutely everything I could, I want to save some bits for the next one!

Last year, zoe was 9 months, it never occured to me to save Hayden's toys to give her as presents, so she already had his old stuff! Her biggest present was a wooden activity cube, which we never got for Hayden, and she still loves it. Also got some of the ELC toybox range, which had just come out, plus touchy feely books and a keepsake money box engraved with her name and date of birth (got Hayden one for his first Christmas, too). There's no need to go overboard, just pick a couple of good quality things you don't already have, and gifting the older child's toys is a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"