What do you do if you have 2 positives?

sarah34

Expecting baby #2
Reaction score
Hi, if you have read my previous posts you will know that I am new to taking opks and have very irregular periods. I got what I think was a positive on 17/12 and then they went light again, then I got another positive today.

Does this happen to anyone else and how do you interpret that? We are not currently try and I have the copper coil so don't think I could be pregnant xx

Test from 17/12
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=979031&d=1482000903

Today's test:

Attachments

• IMG_2168.jpg
    IMG_2168.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 11
Another pretty dark if not positive test tonight, would you say I'm probably ov now and not 17th? Top test yesterday, bottom test today xx thanks xx

Attachments

• IMG_2171.jpg
    IMG_2171.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 9
What time did you take each test? If you took them in the morning, especially with FMU, then one or both of them may not be accurate as your levels can be a lot higher with FMU when you aren't actually ready to ovulate yet. The best time to take an OPK is the afternoon, generally around 2 pm after roughly 3 or 4 hours from your last trip to the bathroom. If you got lighter tests later in the afternoon from the one on the 17th then it was a false positive. Are you temping with a BBT thermometer? If not then I would start so that you can confirm ovulation with both OPKs and temps so you know for certain when you ovulated. OPKs alone can be a bit iffy.

All of the tests are from around 6pm. I only tested once on 17/12 but I did test the following day and it was negative. Do you think it was false positive and I'm actually having my surge now?

I do not temp as we aren't actively trying until March, I have very irregular periods (maybe 4/5 a year) so just wanted to get an idea of whether I am ovulating or not xx

Honestly I'm not entirely sure but it's possible that the first one could have been your body attempting to ovulate and then failing so the more recent one could have been your body successfully ovulating. Without temps there's no way to know for sure. My cycles are irregular during breastfeeding so I've been temping so that I can figure out when my next AF is going to show up as I don't like being surprised by it.

Yes I think you are right, here's my tests from 28th to today so maybe I ovulated just recently. Guess I will see if my period turns up. I've never really tracked a full cycle so it would be good to have a period and start tracking properly ( I get bored I think cos they are so long normally!!) x

Attachments

• IMG_2176.jpg
    IMG_2176.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back