What do you do with your baby when you need to barf?

jessmke

Reaction score
The main floor of our house is just one big great room and my daughter has full access to the whole floor. But what do I do with her when I need to throw up? We have baby proofed but there are still things she can find/get into that we hadn't thought about, like the other day when she pushed her toy piano up against the bay window, climbed up onto the piano and then onto the window ledge, and was eating the leaves off some plants that sit in the window. So I hesitate to leave her unsupervised for any period of time, but if I have to throw up I don't think I have to time to grab her and bring her into the bathroom with me, and I definitely don't have time to go put her in her crib. What do you all do with you babies when you suddenly need to throw up??

either have abucket handy or keep her in a travel cot with some toys when your feeling iffy!

The travel cot is big enough to play in and safe enough to leave incase of emergency lol

Thanks for the reply! I feel iffy all day every day so I can't just leave her in a travel cot all day, but I like the bucket idea, I don't know why I didn't think of that! I now have a bucket on stand-by in the kitchen. God I had the first tri!

I agree, some kind of "vomit collector" i.e. a bucket is your only option really. Not pleasant but what part of the first trimester is :/ haha I sound really miserable!! I am so over the nausea.

About the travel cot though, you don't have to leave her in all day, just stick her in for a few minutes while you run off to be sick maybe? It wouldn't do her any harm :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->