What do you eat??

DaisyAnne

Reaction score
When I'm pregnant, it seems like an alien has taken over my taste buds! :wacko: What do you want to eat all the time now you're pregnant, or what can't you stand to eat that you used to love? Just thought it'd be fun to share! I know not everyone goes through drastic taste changes, but I know some of us do!

For me, I want to eat eggs all day long (obviously, I don't, or that would be bad!), and chicken. Sometimes it's buffalo sauce. And I definitely don't want chocolate and most desserts (like cake... yucko!). Oh! I also don't really care to drink coffee much, so that makes it easier to cut back on caffeine!

I eat cereal. All the time.

And I crave sweets.

All I want is milk or anything involving dairy! I crave milkshakes, cereal, and string cheese!!

Peanut butter on toast and apples! Not together obviously...although, that might not be bad! :) And I'm totally off seafood, shrimp especially.

Not gonna lie I do have some junk but I also like salads and fruit. I eat a lot of fruit. I also like butter and honey on toast, or toast with cashew butter.

Sometimes I'll chop tomatoes and just eat them raw with salt and pepper. A lot more nutrition to be had if they're uncooked.

I can't eat chicken breast, which we normally eat 2x a week. I really want ground beef and tomatoes so baked ziti, spaghetti and meat balls, etc.
and sweets! It's terrible! I'm hoping this levels out soon or I'm going to gain a million.

When I'm pregnant, it seems like an alien has taken over my taste buds! :wacko: What do you want to eat all the time now you're pregnant, or what can't you stand to eat that you used to love? Just thought it'd be fun to share! I know not everyone goes through drastic taste changes, but I know some of us do!

For me, I want to eat eggs all day long (obviously, I don't, or that would be bad!), and chicken. Sometimes it's buffalo sauce. And I definitely don't want chocolate and most desserts (like cake... yucko!). Oh! I also don't really care to drink coffee much, so that makes it easier to cut back on caffeine!

That's so funny, you basically have the same pregnancy tastes as me! I've lost all interest in sweets and coffee too...which has left such a gap in my schedule, scones and coffee were a morning routine for me! The aversion to coffee began very early on and hasn't left me yet.

The chicken thing is the worst, considering Im a vegetarian...and my embryo clearly is not. Hahaha...

I've completely gone off red meat, salmon and eggs, which I normally love. It's making getting enough protein difficult, and since I have to be careful of my blood sugar as well, I can't fill up on carbs unless I go low GI.

I'm finding pasta is really good, and anything fairly bland. Although I'm really into sharp cheddar cheese as a pre-dinner snack right now.

My appetite has decreased and I'm mostly wanting salty/sour stuff like sunflower seeds, lemons with salt, pickles. I'm actually craving some little ceasars pizza....cheese sounds good, lol. I love sweets, I love to eat period and often over indulge, but those thoughts have left. I remember having a light appetite with my son 9 years ago as well.

Peanut butter on toast and apples! Not together obviously...although, that might not be bad! :) And I'm totally off seafood, shrimp especially.

My mouth watered when I read this. Peanut butter on toast and apples is happening later!
For me I haven't really wanted anything more so than normal, but I've definitely not wanted things. The kitchenette is outside my office door and yesterday my boss (who doesn't know yet) opened a packet of chicken, I could smell it immediately. My smell and taste has gone mad! Salt and vinnegar makes me what to pull my nose off!

I normally eat super healthy but with a sweet tooth for chocolate. At the moment I can't even look at chocolate, cakes, sweets, even fruit. Sweet stuff seems awful, and instead I want bad things like pizza, lasagne, burgers and salty fries. Can't even bear to have my usual (healthy cereal, fruit, nuts, seeds etc) breakfast...all I can manage is a bagel.

I usually just eat whatever I can stomach, whatever the time of day. I had a huge piece of lasagne screaming my name at 9am the other day but I held off till lunch time.

Anything milky makes me sick, and so does chocolate. And lots of other things just depending on how bad my ms is that day- but those two things in particular really set me off. Which sucks, because some afternoons, all I want is a cup of tea with something chocolatey!

Green apples have been good - and I know someone said they like peanut butter and apples but not together-- well the other day, I dipped my apple slices in a little peanut butter and it was amazing! I urge you all to try it!!!

I can't really taste things like I used to, it's weird. So I have been doing something that I've never done before in my life - adding salt to meals. I've never been one for adding salt to things! But I've found it gives some flavour now to hot food.

I have been craving fizzy lollies. So every now and again I have one. So good! And they are sweet enough that about one a day does the trick.

Oh- I ate (and enjoyed) avocado the other day. I have never liked it before, but I suddenly felt like some. It was my first true feeling of cravings I think. I wonder if my body needed something from it? I don't know, but it really enjoyed it so that was good!

Going to steal ideas from other people, keep them coming ;)

I'm definitely happier eating savoury, cheesy and salty foods. I'll eat something sweet but I've really got to be in the mood and it's pretty rare these days.

My mouth watered when I read this. Peanut butter on toast and apples is happening later!
For me I haven't really wanted anything more so than normal, but I've definitely not wanted things. The kitchenette is outside my office door and yesterday my boss (who doesn't know yet) opened a packet of chicken, I could smell it immediately. My smell and taste has gone mad! Salt and vinnegar makes me what to pull my nose off!

salt and vinegar sounds like heaven to me lol

im usually a fruit and veg aholic but now im preg im finding it difficult. im better at the veg than the fruit now.

coffee was my weakness but now im only managing the one in the morning and it doesnt seem apealing the rest of the day.

at the moment my weaknesses are wholemeal pitta breads,cheese and salad cream.:haha: i usually dont eat any of them things!!!

im partially off of sweet things too and craving savory!!!

Bread and chips I really want.I have a real need for hot food. I can't even look at apples that used to like (although dry apple rings are fine!)

LittleLala- what on earth are fizzy lollies?? I've never heard of them over here.

It's funny how in my last pregnancy, many of the food tastes I had seem to translate to my son now. Like I couldn't stand sweets and craved salty things. My son now could care less about sweets- I always say he doesn't have a sweet tooth, he has a salt tooth! lol. He loves anything salty- chips, crackers, pickles, etc. Eek! He'd rather have a cracker or pickle for dessert than a cookie! For his birthdays, he never really ate much cake- he preferred sausage or pickles. And he doesn't like chocolate at all- during the pregnancy I didn't like chocolate.

There are other things, too, like I craved peaches like craaaazy in my 2nd trimester with him- and now it's his FAVORITE food. haha. And I was lactose-intolerant in my 1st trimester (at least with straight milk), and he's now deathly allergic to milk.

I'll be interested to see how it goes this time and if something similar happens with my taste preferences and baby's!

I've gone off cheese, the thought of it makes me want to throw up.

And I'm craving vegetables :rofl: I eat them occasionally anyway but since getting pregnant I can't get enough of them. I'm currently waiting for tea time so I can dig in to the tin of sweetcorn in the cupboard lol.

I ate entire package of grape tomatoes at the grocery store last night and then came home and ate an entire box of jalapeno poppers. Somehow I did not get heartburn lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->