What do you find is the hardest thing to do

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
as a parent?

Mine is saying no after I've already said it a number of times and eventually give in many times just because I don't want to hear the whining.

Also, I can discipline my kids...taking away toys and time out...but when Dan disciplines (does the same as I do with the toys and time out), I hate it and feel so bad for my kids. I guess it's the male voice or being on the opposite side of the fence looking in and listening.

To not pick him up everytime he makes a little wimpering noise
x

Listening to him crying when hes going to sleep :(
and also probably leaving him when I go to work. I know thats going to be tough and Ive never even done it yet.

xxx

probably leaving him when I go to work. I know thats going to be tough and Ive never even done it yet.

xxx

Im trying to not even think about it already it upsets me x

I don't know yet. I'd say the hardest right now is when she is trying to tell me something and I don't know what..

i am exactly the same as u Leeanne. I always give in, and i HATE it when Martin tells jack off.

I don't know yet. I'd say the hardest right now is when she is trying to tell me something and I don't know what..

That is mine too at the mo. She is trying very hard to communicate, Her face when she gets it right and I understand is beautifull. Is so sad when I just can't get it.
The other is letting my parents babysit I think. Not worth me going out when I let them, my head is still at home.:growlmad:

Sorry to ask this here. I'm new and not very good with computers. Can anyone tell me how to get one of those graphs to show how old my daughter is?
And where to ask questions like this so I don't interupt threads in future:blush:

What you said about your OH telling them off and you are there listening.
My heart always sinks and i feel really bad , even though i know that Carly was being naughty!

That is mine too at the mo. She is trying very hard to communicate, Her face when she gets it right and I understand is beautifull. Is so sad when I just can't get it.
The other is letting my parents babysit I think. Not worth me going out when I let them, my head is still at home.:growlmad:

Sorry to ask this here. I'm new and not very good with computers. Can anyone tell me how to get one of those graphs to show how old my daughter is?
And where to ask questions like this so I don't interupt threads in future:blush:

I'd ask them wherever you like. I tend to go for general. Click on mine and it will take you to the website to make one on

yer i think mine wud be trying my hardest not to pick him up with every cry...if i dont he holds hes breath lately as he wil get in a state in a matter of 10sec it freaks me out big time xx

Sometimes, not knowing why he is crying after trying everything I know and he is still crying. You feel so helpless and upset for them.

xxx

Ditto Toria, i sometimes cant get what she is trying to tell me and the look of confusion on her face when im pointing to random things is horrible...
Also the discaplin (sp?) now that she is getting more independant and knows her own mind more, she is getting a bit of a diva and trying to calmly tell her no whlst she is sobbing and trying to get at her toys at bedtime turns my stomach, but i need her t realise that bedtime is bedtime and not playtime :(

Sometimes, not knowing why he is crying after trying everything I know and he is still crying. You feel so helpless and upset for them.

xxx

Same. When she cries and I don't know why. Makes me feel helpless and like a bad mom for not knowing and not being able to make it all better.

I hate listening to her cry, especially if I know its because she is in pain and I cant do much :(

At the moment the hardest thing for all of us is Byron getting overtired and worked up at night. He wants to feed constantly (hard on me), keeps us all awake and I always reach a point where I can't cope anymore and have to sleep so DH takes him and ends up with 3 hours sleep before working for 12 hours so I feel guilty about it. I hate not being able to do anything for Byron when he's like this. No amount of comforting, changing position, entertaining, feeding, cuddling, changing etc helps.

The hardest thing for me is being the only one that does discipline the kids and being seen as the nasty one in their eyes when i say no to something....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->