What do you NOT want to receive for Christmas?

daneuse27

Reaction score
Just thought it would be fun to post about things that we hope to not get (but that are a faint possibility we could receive - not obvious answers like cole, etc.)

The following are things that I do love, but they've been given to me over and over again every year (because people know I love them) so now I have an over-abundance of them.

-journals
-scrapbooking supplies
-cosmetics

Clothes (except pyjamas, slippers etc). I'm really, really fussy about clothes and I'm very open with people in telling them it's not worth the effort to even try hah.

Jewellery. No interest in it. All my jewellery comes from cheapy high street shops, eBay or charity shops. I like antique pieces with a bit of history, but anything precious straight from a jewellers would feel so wasted on me.

Body lotion/butter. I have about ten different varieties on my bathroom shelf right now, if not more, gathering dust. I just never use them.

Ooh I feel mean saying it, but those cheapo bath sets or hand cream that I seem to get every year and never use :haha:
And whatever my boss at work gets me, as it's usually an old lady scarf set or something that I regift to my mum :blush:

Miniature toiletries! I absolutely hate them and cheap bath sets and creams. I only really like lush and soap and glory bath products.

I get the large sanctuary set from the inlaws every year. I always regift it to my mum for mother's day as she actually likes it. As I didn't say anything the first year I feel daft if I mention now that I think it smells revolting.

Anything with owls on it lol. For some reason people seem to think I'm obsessed with owls because of all my owl stuff people have bought me!

Clothes for me, or baby clothes!

Reason being, I'll be absolutely massive at Christmas, so clothes for myself would be pointless. Clothes for baby aren't wanted, purely because we've got loads already and don't want to go overboard.. due to the fact she probably won't wear everything before she grows out of it!

I really want relaxing stuff this Christmas, like bath bombs, some nice smellies and fancy candles. :D

Clothes because I can be quite picky. Anything for my hair, because I hate doing anything with my hair, it's boring and I can't ever manage to make it look nice. Books, because I'm very picky.

Any cheap card factory type 'teacher' paraphernalia!!! And things like candles that smell of lavendar, scarves (because I always get given them, and only end up wearing my old favourites and the new ones waste limited coat hanger space!), body shop face moisturiser (it will just sit in my drawer!), and my in laws are the worst for cheap, tacky bits that they buy for the sake of bulking out my 'pile'...I'd rather a smaller pile!

Haha, sound so ungrateful!

cheap smelly sets too. I can't use them as I have sensitive skin and don't want to smell like an ass :haha:

Another vote against cheap body products here - no thank you!
I have a pile of them in the top of my wardrobe that actually I should throw out because I won't even regift them.
I'd rather have nothing than a pile of cheap rubbish that I won't use, it's a shame that people even waste their money on it.

Smelly sets, DH was shocked when I was cleaning my wardrobe at the number of them. Yes l love a bath but I don't get through that much bubble bath etc

Kitchen / house gadget's my mil gave me a window vac one year!

Smelly sets, DH was shocked when I was cleaning my wardrobe at the number of them. Yes l love a bath but I don't get through that much bubble bath etc

My MIL once got me microwave steam bags for vegetables!

Onesie !!. Somone always gets me one and I hate them although they do come in handy when decorating lol x

Another vote for bath sets..just screams 'I don't know what to get you so I put 2 seconds thought into and bought the first thing I could see in the supermarket' (wow I sound like a brat) - but I just never use them so it is a waste.

Also the big tubs of chocolates - I so badly need to lose weight and that never helps on the motivation front.

Lol, do they not like you?
That is up there with the clingfilm dispenser that I was given a few years ago. It didn't even take standard sized rolls, the rolls had to come out a shop 15miles away!!

Lol, do they not like you?
That is up there with the clingfilm dispenser that I was given a few years ago. It didn't even take standard sized rolls, the rolls had to come out a shop 15miles away!!

:rofl: to be fair she did get me other nicer things, but that was interesting one for sure!

Anything bath related as I have way to many of them. Bubble bath is wasted on me as I never use it.

I will try to be appreciative of anything and really the only people that buy us anything now is our elderly neighbours (and they usually give us gift cards), but i have no use really for big items and stuff like bubble bath as we have no room to store things and we don't have a bathtub lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->