What do you think about piercing ears?

Personally, I think it looks silly on babies.
I'm gonna wait until LO asks for it done..

I waited until she asked. Which she did 2 months ago. She understood what it was and sat perfectly still and said, "Ow." However, they pierced one wrong and pierced it wrong again for the repierce and I simply took both out and am waiting until she's of age for needle. Will never reccommend a gun.

I wouldn't do it. That would be putting my child through unnecessary pain for something she never asked for and possibly might never want. My mom pierced my ears when I was an infant. Maybe one day I'll grow to love earrings, but right now I dislike them. When she's around 7-10 she'll be allowed to get her ears pierced if she asks for it and if me and her father agree.

I got my daughters ears pierced when she was around 6 months. It's a traditional thing in my country to get the girl's ears pierced young though, and my mom knows how to do it. I got mine when I was a baby too. I'm definitely going to get Savannah's ears pierced too, but maybe wait a little longer. I hated to see Peighton go through so much unnecessary pain

I feel the same way about piercing as I do circumcision (unless medically needed). It shouldn't be done until the child can ask for it and I feel very strongly about that. Although I'd never hate on someone for getting it done to their own child.

Mine were done for me somewhere between 6 weeks and 6 months (I forget what mum told me)
I personally think its cute, and they can always take them out later.

One thing to note, don't forget to change the earings regularly as bubbah grows. Mine didn't get changed between 2 and 6 - I never took them out until I had PE classes at school... we had to use plyers to get them off, which was not pleasant - I remember lol

I have a little girl but she is only 3 and a half months old right now, but when she gets older I'm going to get her ears pierced and if it becomes to much of a problem i will take them out and wait until she's older.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"