What do you think of this girls name?

L

little_cookie

I've heard of a saying Mexican (I think?) use as a pet name for their daughters- Mija (meeha)

What do people think of it as a name?

I quite like it- was going to call baby Elizabeth Clara if its a girl- but I really like Mija Elizabeth Clara or maybe Mija Clara Elizabeth

It's a combination of "mi hija" which means "my daughter" in Spanish. I personally don't think it is appropriate for a name, but that's just me.

That's nice! I like Mia (pronounced the same I think) but it rhymes with my surname so it's a no go! Xx

It's a cute name, like pp mentioned its a pet name in Spanish for my daughter, but if you don't live near a large Spanish community people wouldn't know and even if you did its used as a loving pet name...

It's not really a pet name for "my daughter" it literally means that. So it would be like the opposite situation if a Spanish-speaking person named their daughter Mydaughter Clara Elizabeth.

I really love Elizabeth Clara though, it's beautiful and classic. :)

I live in san diego, ca. As near to mexico as you can get. While its a prett name, its used as a derogatory term towards slutty women. But if you live somewhere else, its really cute!

Not really my cup of tea. Much prefer Elizabeth, sounds like a really nice British name. Mija, because it is, does sound foreign so I would only choose something like that if it were in my culture.

It's a common name that I hear about here...only spelled different.
Mia...it can be pronounced two ways..."Me-ah" or "My-ah"

As for the Spanish spelling and meaning...I know nothing about that. But if you like the name, you can always change the spelling.

More of a saying imo..its cute but not for a real name...:)

Yeah, I don't think it would work too well. See, a lot of people think to pronounce it as "Mia" when really it's "MeHa". In the end, most people would probably end up turning it into Mia and I'm not sure that's what you wanted to start with? Add to it that it means 'my daughter' and people might ask how to spell it... I think I would keep it as a nickname though. I used to call a lil girl 'muneca' which means 'babydoll' as she looked like a lil doll. :flower:

I haven't a clue on the meaning but I'd be worried about people mispronouncing it constantly. Maybe change the spelling to something a bit more phonetic so it's easier for people to get it right?

It's a common name that I hear about here...only spelled different.
Mia...it can be pronounced two ways..."Me-ah" or "My-ah"

As for the Spanish spelling and meaning...I know nothing about that. But if you like the name, you can always change the spelling.

Quite like Myah too...

I've never heard of it before so my opinion is based on what I've read on this thread but it does sound like more of a saying than a name to me.

I'd also be massively put off a name if as a pp said it was a derogatory term meaning slutty woman. Even if I didn't live in a culture where that was the case all it would take is for one mean kid at school with access to google and the child would be stuck with an unfortunate nickname for their entire school life.

I love Elizabeth though, that's going to be our middle name.

I personally wouldnt either. My dh is mexican and like others have said its like naming her mydaughter lol. My MIL calls me this and my sil this. I mean i personally think it would be wierd if it was a proper name for someone. Nice nick name but not what i would choose for a name name if you know what i mean hun xx

Mia is quite a common name here in the UK. I never knew any of the meanings I have just read on this thread, I thought it was just a lovely name!

Mia is really common I know at least 4 and there all pronounced Meeha I wonder if that's were it came from lol I think it's pretty and tbf how many ppl in uk are likely to know that it means my daughter if you didn't tell them?? I wouldn't of and actually think its nice there are a few ami for eg is friend in French x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->