What do you think?

Discussion in 'Long Term Trying To Conceive' started by lonate, Oct 6, 2008.

1. lonate

lonate TTC #1 for 2 years

Ok so I had a laparoscopy & hysteroscopy on Sept 9th (see siggy). I had my surgery on CD 17 & got :witch: on time 2 weeks later. Since I am TTC naturally now, I am using opks. Today is CD 13 for me. I am thinking that I should O around CD 17 (since my cycles are usually around 31 days or so).

Here is my issue....It has been a long time since I had to use opks...but, I remember when I did use them that my test line would get darker & darker until finally I got a +. Well, I have been using opks since CD 7 & every single time my line has been just about invisible. That just seems odd to me. I mean sometimes I test and there is no test line at all & then other times it is so light you can barely see it. I am so confused. I know it is not the tests I am using because I have been using all different kinds: CB opks, CB digital opks, & Answer test strips. What do you all think? I would think since O is usually only 4 days away from now, that my line would not only be visible but be getting much darker. Any ideas why this might be happening?

Last month I did not take any meds b/c I was getting lap & my cycle was 31 days long. I wonder if maybe my cycle is changing since I am not any meds anymore? I have no idea.

Thanks in advance!!!
    :dust:
    --Lesley

2. maz

maz TTC #1 since Oct 2004

I usually used CBFM, but before I got that, my OPKs would only start to show a second faint line approx 3 days before O, and were really only dark on the day of O. Sorry if I'm not much help - I'd say just enjoy :sex: every other day from now!! Hope this is your month

:hug:

3. hayz1981

hayz1981 mummy to IVF miracle

The same for me. I've only used OPKs a couple of times but when I did, I didnt get a line until 3 days before. Before that, nothing. So I'd keep going, your line may appear over the next couple of days. Sorry I cant be more help.

Good luck xxx

4. lonate

hayz & maz~ Thanks so much for your advice. I feel much better now! I will hopefully see my line getting darker in the next couple of days!!!

:dust::dust:
    --Lesley

5. honey08

honey08 mum2two boys/2mc

maybe u need sensative ones?

6. hayz1981

hayz1981 mummy to IVF miracle

let us know how you get on and when you get that dark line xx

7. Beckic

Beckic TTC no 1

Hows your CM sweetie - any other signs that OV is near?

Hope it comes soon.

Still waiting for AF after my lap so we can start next cycle and wait is killing me - just like her not to be on time this month.

Crossing fingers that OV is near - keep up the BDin.

Bx x x :hugs::hugs:

8. lonate

Hey! It's nice to hear from ya!! Sorry :witch: hasn't showed for you yet! Hopefully she will be here very soon so you can get your next cycle going & get your :bfp:!!!

AFM, my opks are still VERY negative. I :sex: Sunday & Monday nights & I will every other day for like 2 wks or so. Ok earlier this morning I went to the bathroom & had what I thought was a BIG glob of EWCM when I wiped. It was the most I have ever seen!! So I went home for lunch thinking I would take a opk & it would be positive for sure but my line was barely even visible!!! I don't understand. Could it be possible that what I thought was CM was actually semen from last night? (i'm so sorry-tmi!!) I just feel like a lot of times the day after we :sex: that I see discharge but I don't know. What do you think? I am just so confused right now. When I used to use opks my line would ALWAYS be visible & I would just watch everyday as it would get darker & darker until mine was finally darker than the control line. I don't know what the he** is going on :growlmad:. I wish I would have temped too but it's way too late for that now. Well, thanks for listening & KMP!!!
    :hugs:

--Lesley

9. Beckic

Beckic TTC no 1

Hi Sweetie,

I always get a bit confused between EWCM and sperm - but apparently ewcm is much much stretchier than sperm.

AF arrived for me today :)happydance:) but was also v v weird - cos its the first time in 2.5 years I have had a 14 day luteal phase rather than a 10 - 12 and no spotting AT ALL!

They told me that a lap doesnt mess with your hormones - but it must do if we are both having v weird cycles?

Keep up the BDin!!

Bx x x

10. lonate

:sad1:
    Yay!! I am so happy you got :witch:!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance: Now you get to look forward to O finally!!!

I am pretty down today . I am on CD 15 of usually a 31-32 day cycle & no signs of O at all yet. I have taken opks since CD 7 & all negative. I even took opk this morning w/ fmu (thought possibly mine could be diluted previously) and it was completely negative. Yeah what I thought was EWCM the other day was actually sm from :sex: the night before because I haven't seen it since. I am so confused . In 2 years I haven't seen a cycle w/ no ewcm or + opk. I guess it looks like I may not O this cycle. I guess I could hope for a very late O. If I don't O this cycle then I am calling RE to start meds for next cycle. I want to be aggressive now that I am at the 2 yr TTC mark & I have had my lap done. Anyway, sorry to be such a downer. I was just so excited for my 1st cycle after the lap & hoping to get a :bfp: :sad1:

Thanks for listening...

--Lesley

11. loopylew

loopylew Well-Known Member

Thats fantastic hun xx

12. Beckic

Beckic TTC no 1

I thought it was fantastic too - until have had the most ridiculously light AF ever. So seems like even if i have a normal luteal phase and no spotting - still surely dont have enough of a lining for a baby to implant in? Literally used two mini tampons and am now on thin panty liners. :hissy:

B x

13. Beckic

Beckic TTC no 1

Bx x x[/QUOTE]
    Yay!! I am so happy you got :witch:!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance: Now you get to look forward to O finally!!!

I am pretty down today . I am on CD 15 of usually a 31-32 day cycle & no signs of O at all yet. I have taken opks since CD 7 & all negative. I even took opk this morning w/ fmu (thought possibly mine could be diluted previously) and it was completely negative. Yeah what I thought was EWCM the other day was actually sm from :sex: the night before because I haven't seen it since. I am so confused . In 2 years I haven't seen a cycle w/ no ewcm or + opk. I guess it looks like I may not O this cycle. I guess I could hope for a very late O. If I don't O this cycle then I am calling RE to start meds for next cycle. I want to be aggressive now that I am at the 2 yr TTC mark & I have had my lap done. Anyway, sorry to be such a downer. I was just so excited for my 1st cycle after the lap & hoping to get a :bfp: :sad1:

Thanks for listening...

--Lesley[/QUOTE]

I really think it might just be a late O for you sweetie - I O'd on day 19 the other month which was really late for me and usually am around 13 - 16 - but i was super stressed that month cos of fertitliy appt. and I really think it affected me. Try to keep up hope - but I agree with you to go back to RE if nothing soon. You have to keep on their case once you are in the system.

I always find grapefruit juice helps me with EWCM - so might be something to start drinking over the next few days to help increase chances.
    could you also start temping at all over the next few days - i know you wont have time to build up much of a history - but I usually see such a clear shift in temperature that I can pinpoint when I O with only a few days of temping.

I soooooooo want this to be your cycle honey.
    I had such a good feeling about us two in our three month fertile window.:hugs:

Bx x x