What do you want to be known as?

nightkd

Mum to two!
Reaction score
I've been thinking about this recently and I don't think I want to be known as 'Mummy' I'd rather be 'Mammy' is that weird? I'm not Irish or anything, have Scottish roots, but I just prefer the sound of it... It's not as easy to whine! :rofl: "Mammy? Maaammmmyyy???" (Is it too much to ask for my children to have Irish accents? :rofl::rofl::rofl:)

My mum wants to be known as "Grandma-ma" like we called my Grandma sometimes...

OH just wants to be known as Daddy/Dad...not much other choice for that, is there?

Not sure about the other members of my or OH's family. OH reckons his mum should be "Old Slag.." Don't think she'd appreciated that so much :rofl: I suggested "Ol-ma" as they all call her "Ma"

xxxx

In OH family, we call his mum either Mumsie or mummah, its just stuck really.

I just want to hear any version come out of my little ones lips :cloud9:

I want to be a "momma" and I think it would be super cute if my OH were to be called "papa"...Grandparents with will be Grandma" whatever first name is" Grandpa "whatever first name is"....except for my dad which will be "Dedo" which is Ukrainian for grandfather. My kid is going to have 4 grandmas, 4 grandpas, 2 great grandmas, 2 great grandpas and 2 great great grandmas. Talk about being spoiled and not even been conceived, lol.

I hadn't really thought about this....I think the textbook "Mom" or "Mommy" is good for me....I just want the chance to GET a name like that:rofl:

...actually, I like "momma/mama" a lot, let's go with that.

I like mamma too! I could just hear that coming out of a little girls mouth.

I dont mind what Ophelia calls me really *shrugs*
But for grandparents...Oh's parents are Granny and Grandad.
My dad and stepmum are Nanny and Grandad.
And my mum insists she be called Nanna Jue. xxx

Not sure about the other members of my or OH's family. OH reckons his mum should be "Old Slag.." Don't think she'd appreciated that so much :rofl: I suggested "Ol-ma" as they all call her "Ma"

xxxx
Sorry to gatecrash your section but just thought I'd share this

The swiss-german speaking kids here call their grannies "Oma" and their grandads "Opa"

It sounds really cute!

xxxx
Sorry to gatecrash your section but just thought I'd share this

The swiss-german speaking kids here call their grannies "Oma" and their grandads "Opa"

It sounds really cute!

My step-mum's dad is known as 'Opah' to my brother and sister. I think it sounds cute, I dunno if I'd want to 'copy' though, iykwim.

I might suggest Oma though, not sure if my step-mum's step-mum (yes confusing family) is known as that... Probably just her first name I think. That's a nice suggestion though, thank you! :)

xx

Mum/Mummy will do for me lol :D My mum want's to be called Grandma lol xx

'Opah' is afrikans (sp??) as is Ouma, what we call our 'grandparents' xx

My eldest boy always has & still does call me mummy, my elder girl calls me mummy or mama deoending on what she feels like & youngest calls me mama or mum or mum mum.

Hubby insists he wants to be called Papa, and he refers to his dad as Papa too. I like it and will probably adopt Mama along side it, though I like mommy well enough. :)

i am mum or mummy normaly mum though he grew out out of it befor he was 3 i like mummy best though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->