What does your mother think?

We are not telling anyone in the family. My mum would be very very happy but she'd keep me on the phone lecturing me about overweight issue, healthy food and so much more she can come up with :wacko:
My dad wouldn't be really happy as he thinks I should focus on my career and it would be a sat back :wacko:
DH mum and dad wouldn't mind or say anything as we don't speak often so it doesn't make the difference :wacko:

The only people I told are 3 of my best friends because I needed someone to share the journey with, someone to moan about late ovulation...missed periods and BFNs...

Hopefully we'll give the good news soon to everybody...actually it may take a while as we are planning to tell them around 10 weeks or so...

No we told neither of our parents. I did tell my sister inlaw and a few friends of ours. I love my mom, but was never comfortable talking to her about private stuff. My mother inlaw and father inlaw will be very happy when they hear the news.

My mother is a complete pain, she knows our problems and all our docs appointments etc but she can be slightly insensitive sayiin things like i cant wait till you make me a nanny, and i know she means well but its like HELLO i wanna be a mommy, im not not doing it out of choice!!

i dont talk to my father, havent since me nd the DH got married, he was all pissed cuz he didnt walk me down the aisle, well sorry but i wasnt going to have a complete stranger walk me down the aisle, you chose not to be in my life growin up and you wont be in my life now, he knows were having some problems as my sister lives with him nd i tell her everything but he doesnt know the full extent

dont even get me started on DHs parents, my hubbs already has 3 kids for a previous relationship but his ex wont let his parents see them, so his mom and dad know we had issues before we got married but they dont know bout the extent or the appointments etc, but either way the fact im not preganant yet sort of sugguests that guess what it hasnt worked yet!! but that doesnt stop the sly comments (baring in mind i hate his ex) but its he got her pregnant the first month they were tryin, everytime she come off bc she got pregnant straight away, when are you gunna have one!! GRRR xx

I want to tell our families so bad because I need support but everytime someone asks when we are gonna have kids, we respond "When it happens".. or "Not right now". Then our moms say "Well good, you don't need kids right now anyway. MY father in law is the only family member that wanted us to have kids and he passed away a couple months ago :(
Og and they all know I have PCOS and still act insensitively. MY mother in law talks about my sister in law having a kid and she is not even married or engaged yet. But my MIL tells her that she needs to think about having kids soon cause she has endo, but for me and my husband, working with PCOS, she thinks we should wait!

Hello :) I'm new to ttc #1 so hope it's ok to join!

I'm not telling my mum & dad until/if i do concieve. Mainly because i have always said i never ever want children & they have come to accept it now. Over the last 6 months i have changed my mind...whether it's my body clock telling me to get a move on or what i'm not sure but we are both happy with the idea now :)

I know that if/when i do concieve they will be shocked but over the moon. I'm an only child so this would be their only grandchild.

As for my OH's mum (his dad died 2 years ago) He only went and bloody told her! I was really pissed off. I want to keep it from my m&d until it happens. Now she knows it almost like a pressure to get pregnant. I feel like i'm keeping a secret from my m&d when all the while she knows.

Anyway nothing this month as AF arrived today :cry: Maybe i'll be able to tell m&d next month some happy news fx'ed

:dust: for you all x

We haven't told either parents. Its difficult because little flippant comments about making them grandparents sometimes cut deep but it's not their fault because they dont know. We've been trying for 8 months. I think if we get to a year with no luck and have to seek medical advice/tests then we'll have to open up.

we haven't told our parents either. While they are all very supportive, we just want to make it a big surprise when it does happen.

My mum knows that I've always wanted children and me and my OH have been together for 5 years so she wouldn't be surprised but I haven't really told any one that we're ttc, I'm not sure why.. I just want to save it until I hopefully have the good news!

xo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"