What dont you do?

Babybug

Reaction score
I am only in month 2 of TTC number 2 and I was just wondering what (apart from increasing the ammount of times you :sex::sex::sex:) you have changed in your daily life.

I am trying to try without getting too obsessed.

Do you still drink alcohol? not at all or only at certain times.
Do you go swimming (would it 'wash' away the sperm?)
Anything else you or OH do or don't do as you are trying.

Thanks

I/we really haven't done that much. I started taking a prenatal vitamin a couple of months before we started ttc. Also, we have eliminated all processed meats from our diet (lunchmeat, hot dogs). We didn't eat much of these things before, but now we have eliminated them altogether (and I'm dying for a hot dog right now!). We have also eliminated soda from our diet, but we drank it so infrequently it wasn't much of an adjustment anyway. The hardest thing by far was to cut waaaaayyyyy back on my coffee intake. I'm down to two cups a day. I do drink wine or maybe a mixed drink or two, but I limit this to the day AF comes until about 9 days later-I usually o around day 10-11. That's all I can think of right now. :)

In the last year TTC we've pretty much kicked drinking... Maybe every once in a while he'll have a light beer and I'll have a glass of red wine. Cutting out soda's as well, increased our fruits & greens. He's started working out every other day and taking multivitamins... I've been taking prenatal's, probiotics, and different herbal supplements. He used to be big into steam rooms and sauna's at the gym but has steered clear of it to avoid harming his swimmers, he hasn't stepped foot in a hot tub since last June either... But we do enjoy swimming still :)

I do not drink any alcohol unless it is AF week (or just a day or two after and I know for certain I haven't ovulated yet). I avoid hot tubs, sushi, and other well-known things to avoid during pregnancy. And I take a pre-natal vitamin. My husband avoids hot tubs and takes vitamins.

I don't drink and take vitamins, and I monitor what I eat closer. Still love my sushi though, I wont give that up until bfp.

My husband said he would stop drinking after the wedding up until we got our bfp, but his favorite brewery is now sold on tap near our home and I don't want to crush his excitement so he just drinks on occasion.

I don't drink anymore but I never was a big drinker either. So my last drink was the first of march. I started prenatals in February. I don't see hot tubs to often, its been to cold here anyhow. I just ride my horse during af, but he likes the vacation anyway.:haha: He's 23, so he deserves a break.

Stopped drinking sodas/caffeine. If I just have to have that carbonation taste then I will drink a Sierra Mist Natural. Its good & no caffeine. No fast food, no excessive junk food, take prenatal vitamin, acidophilus, and drink lots of water. I also avoid boxed meals like hamburger helpers, etc. There is a ton of sodium in that stuff. Yuck.

Thanks ladies, never thought about the swimmers too lol.

i have started taking my folic acid . i only have 1 or 2 coffees a day . and to be honest i dont drink much anyway , but my husband like a beer so i need to keep bullying him into stopping lol .
i have been giving him his vitamins he just nods and takes them .
but i have made sure both of us having much better foods now . fruit , veg . and lots of it .

Dont drink anyway, started taking folic acid, and using OPK i had left from our 1st baby. Thats it really.

Until implantation has occurred, the baby won't be affected by your alcohol or caffine intake. So I wouldn't be worried too much about this. Of course, it can help your fertility to limit alcohol, but this is mainly of you are a very big drinker which none of the ladies above seem to be!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->