what dpo do you start testing on?

dinky

happy mum to 2 girls :)
Reaction score
Hi ladies. I'm only 3dpo but cannot wait to start testing! I normally start about 6dpo (early I know but I'm a poas addict!) But I want to wait until 10dpo this time so I don't keep seeing bfns. I don't think I'll hold off that long though my willpower is not very strong lol.

I'm interested to see when others start testing. Do you start testing early or wait until af is due? Are you already or have been pregnant and can remember what dpo you were when you tested positive?

This is my first month being serious about TTC. I am currently 7 or 8 dpo and itching to test but am aiming to wait until my af is due on the 21st - I may crack earlier though...
I do have a child already but he was unplanned and therefore a surprise - I only tested after my af has not come for a few days and it was a very clear positive.

Normally I start testing about 8/9 dpo because I'm a poas addict too :)

This time however I'm being more patient because I'm terrified of getting another BFN. I'm therefore waiting until as close as AF as possible. Since AF is due in 2 days for me, I will probably test tomorrow.

Oh wow lilmiss well done on holding off of testing! Good luck for tomorrow hope you get your bfp :)

I usually try to wait till 13dpo because I have rarely had a obvious positive before then and I want to see a dark positive when I test.

This is my first time actually actively ttcing. My plan is to wait until the 28th to test, which will be roughly 14 dpo. AF is due Christmas day. But that's not to say I go to Walmart this weekend and buy up some cheapies and start testing. I just don't want to stress myself out or get discouraged by seeing negative tests.

I'm 6DPO and I'm trying really hard to wait till 11DPO.. :shy: :witch: due Christmas day

The only time I ever tested was when I felt horribly ill. I literally was so nauseous I had to come home from a day out to meet friends and lie on the sofa the rest of the day because I felt so sick. That was 9 dpo. I tested the next morning at 10 dpo. I'm the exact opposite from most people in that I don't test unless I'm pretty sure it's positive. I think I would have found it kind of stressful and depressing to test if I didn't think it would be positive. By then I just felt like I was going to die and I was pretty sure it was going to be a BFP, which is was.

Just been googling 'earliest bfp' and there's quite a few people that got there bfp at 7dpo. So I think I'll start testing from then which will be on Saturday. I won't use fmu though I always seem to get stronger bfps in the evening so I'll probably test around 5pm everyday. I'm nervous but I'm happy I've got a date in mind I just hope I stick to it as I've only got 8 tests left. Been trying to stop myself testing all day and I'm only 4dpo lol might do a opk to satisfy my craving!

I told myself I'd wait until AF is due, which I managed last month (she came first), and the month before I tested once on DPO10, got a BFN and then waited for AF.

This month...it's 10DPO and my gut is telling me this could be it. And half of me is desperate to test, and half of me is terrified of a BFN.

So who know when I'll test this cycle :(

Good luck with your testing and well done for holding off!

I always tell myself I'll wait until AF is due but always start giving in at 7/8dpo. One time, I tested at 3dpo bc I just had to pee on something...LMAO. I'm totally a sad case of POAS addict. I really need some willpower..

I try to wait for 10DPO. Considering the time it takes to implant and the time it takes HCG to be detectable, it seems like a realistic time to start. Of course, there are outliers, but I don't like wasting tests though I have a POAS problem too. I would like to make it to my period, but not enough will power. Also, so far, getting negatives helps let me down easy.

The struggle is real.. I felt all kind of crazy sharp pains to my uterus today so just to make myself happy I did an OPK :shy: I have like 4 more so If I really feel the need I'll do that :haha: so sad :dohh:

This is our first month ttc. With my first pregnancy I tested I believe at 8dpo and got a negative... but I got my bfp on 10dpo. This time I will do 10dpo because that will be New Years Eve. :) I have a bunch of strips, though, so I may cave early!

I am finally 10 dpo today and can finally test (at work now so have to wait till evening)!!! The wait is such as struggle.

Af is due 12/23 for me & i'm trying to wait until after then to test!

I like to know for sure!
But sometimes I wish I could test test test everyday until :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"