What exactly happends when you get referred?

Imaan

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this forum but really loving it! :happydance:

I've been married for 7yrs and TTC since. Had a blighted ovum in the first year of marriage but nothing after that.

My GP is about to refer me... but I was wondering what happends when you get referred. The reason I ask is because my husband is working abroad and I am constantly travelling between the UK and Italy. So, does he need to be around? obviously he will if we go for IUI (but how many days would he need to take off work?)

If they prescribe clomid, will I have to remain in the UK for scanning etc? if so, how many days do they scan you for? and is it on the days we need to BD?

I am wondering if I should take on the job I have just been offered. I am wondering if it is realistic to go for treatment while we are both living in different countries.

Many thanks for your advice

If your hubby has an OK sperm count then it will be only you they need to see.I hsd blood tests with the doc and was referred to a gynae who booked me in for a HSG (which I had last week and came back clear) and made a follow up appointment in March to go through the options, but she said it was likely I would be prescribed clomid.

AFAIK if your HSG shows up anything then they may do further tests (such as a lap and dye) so the timescale can differ.

Thank you for the feedback xxx

my hb has not had to come only for a sample, i had bloods then went to consultant but as bmi high just told to come back when bmi was lower,

i'd take your job as you might have to wait a while, good luck xx

Take the job. Tell the clinic/hospital that you travel a lot and they will have to fit around you (you may end up waiting longer for an appt, but that's not so bad is it? We're all used to waiting if we're in this area of BnB!). I take my DH with me for support and to listen when I'm too busy :sad2:. They did talk about his SA whilst he was there though. I'm on clomid and I've not been asked back for any scans (every doctor is different, as too are their patients and the treatment that's right for them!). I do have CD21 bloods though, but all they say is what my progesterone levels are to see if I ovulated so not critical to have done. Don't know about IUI - FX'd we don't get that far!
Congratulations on the new job =D>, and best of luck with it!
xxx

Take the job. Tell the clinic/hospital that you travel a lot and they will have to fit around you (you may end up waiting longer for an appt, but that's not so bad is it? We're all used to waiting if we're in this area of BnB!). I take my DH with me for support and to listen when I'm too busy :sad2:. They did talk about his SA whilst he was there though. I'm on clomid and I've not been asked back for any scans (every doctor is different, as too are their patients and the treatment that's right for them!). I do have CD21 bloods though, but all they say is what my progesterone levels are to see if I ovulated so not critical to have done. Don't know about IUI - FX'd we don't get that far!
Congratulations on the new job =D>, and best of luck with it!
xxx

:cry: you girls are just great! hearing this helps so much. These thoughts have just been whizzing round in my head for months and with no one to talk to, it's so stressful.

Thank you so much for your kindness. I wish you all the very best.
PS... wouldn't it be great if we could arrange a global Baby and Bump monthly meeting! :happydance:

For us, the GP did the 21 day ovulation test on me and SA on DH before they would refer us to the FS. Once we had the results of that they then referred us. What happens next seems to differ and depend on so many factors.

I'd take the new job and see what happens when you get an appointment for the FS and a plan for the future. That can take a while, depending on where you are. GOod luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->