What family names do you like - name question #1002

Cinnamon

Reaction score
I am not a big fan of repeating names that already run in the family although I respect people that do. Even so, I have some family names I would have liked to have used if they weren't already "taken". These are:

- Maddison, Karen, Ella, Michelle, Amanda, Mónica, Daniella.
- Tyler, Hayden, Zachary, Jason.

Maybe you have nice names that you wouldn't use for the same or another reason (as in friends childrens names) and you would like to recommend!!!

Get thinking girls!! xxxxxx

Connor, my co-worker has a Connor, I think it's such an adorable name!

Well DH and I would love to use the name Ava, however we have a neice with that name.

Some other names you may like, that DH and I had on our extensive list are:
Girls:
Skye, Rayne, Cynthia, Ryanne, Kendall, Kennedy, Sophie, Virginia, Abigail, Myla, Jocelyn

Boys:
Andrew, Cameron, Christopher, Alexander, James, Lukas, Stefan

The names we have decided to use are:
Avery Kendall Eileen
Myla Lillian Elizabeth

Cameron Richard
Marc Hudson

Hopefully this helps you out!!!

OMG Seriously, just about every boys name I like has been used by someone in the family! :dohh:

Elliot, Zack, Harry, William, Matthew, Rory, Euan etc

Girls names aren't a major problem, as we don't really have many girls in the family! :rofl:

I have a tougher job also because, apart from not wanting to repeat family names, I only want one name for each kid... So I only get to choose as many names as kids I have!!! xxxxx

In my family they are a few Marias (I am one, and was already called Maria after someone else), my husband said the other day, if we had a daughter we could call her maria, and I said NO. Then he said maria + something else, and I said NO NO NO. I wanted to call our daughter like his grandma, and the name is also in my family: Eloisa, but he said it sounds too strange, and she will get picked on. We are having one family name, my father: Antonio, Tony for short, so if I have a boy that will be his name for sure. My husband is Felix, and his father before than, and his father before that... time someone (me) put a bloody stop to that one

Lovely names!
Me and Hubby had always liked the name Alyssia, but my best friend recently had a baby girl called Alicia- so its too similar! She's said she wouldnt mind if we called a girl Alyssia, but i dont think we would now.

OH's family names are John and Henry, neither of which I'm particularly keen on for a first name, though they're nice for middle names.

My family name is Francis/Frances - it's my sisters name, my nan's middle name, my dad's middle name and my great-grandma's name. I love it. I want Abigail Frances as my first girl, or Kathryn Frances.

There is a Tara and a William in my family. I love both these names but wouldn't use them because they are "taken".

I like Paula and Leire for girls and Samuel and Nicolás for boys... I hope by the time I get preggers no-one has taken those... :grr: xxxx

OH has got a huge family and all the names we liked last time we couldnt have because there was already one!
Theres a name that runs in his family that all the boys take and OH wants to use it if we have a boy but I hate it - not saying what it is in fear of upsetting someone with the name!

I like Maisie for a girl but stumped on boys names

It's annoying isn't it when you hear close people with your chosen name!!! I have a workmate that's preggo and she had a tough job to choose between "Paula" (my chosen) and "Mariela". She finally chose the second, few!, but I don't want her to think I chose it because she liked it, or anyone else to think that for that matter... I said it so much that DH got to really like it and now it's our first choice. Good thing is, she didn't tell me directly that she liked that name so I'm hoping she won't know I knew. It really bugged me when I found out, and hey, why should I change my decision (made long before she was pg) because she talked about baby naming once pg?!?! O.K., rant over, I am quite good friends with her but I haven't told her to avoid her thinking that... Anyway, it's my life!! xxxxxx

In my Oh 's family the Name robert is very wide spread, It is mostly the fist name while the second name is the actual name to be called by.

In my family they are a few Marias (I am one, and was already called Maria after someone else), my husband said the other day, if we had a daughter we could call her maria, and I said NO. Then he said maria + something else, and I said NO NO NO. I wanted to call our daughter like his grandma, and the name is also in my family: Eloisa, but he said it sounds too strange, and she will get picked on. We are having one family name, my father: Antonio, Tony for short, so if I have a boy that will be his name for sure. My husband is Felix, and his father before than, and his father before that... time someone (me) put a bloody stop to that one

Why not Antonia for a girl if you like Antonio for a boy?? I think it's a lovely name and could solve a problem!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->