What finally worked for me - long term TTC

londongirl

Reaction score
Hi girls

I thought I'd just let you know what worked for me to finally conceive. I've had all the blood tests and nothing was identified as wrong, so it was quite frustrating trying month after month after month. I made some changes that worked. I conceived 2 months after making the changes. Sadly had MC with this one, but then again conceived on the 2nd cycle again with my regime.

1. Clearblue fertility monitor. It's expensive, yes, but there is NO trying to interpret line darkness, and it also gets to know your cycle. That made a massive difference for me.

2. Agnus castus. Taken morning and night. Changed my ov date from day 22 to day 17 and lengthened my luteal phase from 11 to 14 days :) Earlier ov is healthier egg.

3. Vitamin B complex throughout whole cycle.

4. Conceive plus/Preseed (sperm friendly lub)

These four things made the difference of conceiving within two months versus not conceiving for month after month for over a year without them.

I don't have PCOS, so I'm not saying this combo would necessarily help if you do have PCOS, but I think it's good if you have unexplained difficulty conceiving, it may help.

Good luck :flower:

Congratulations Londongirl! H&H 9 months to you!! Also thanks for the PMA, I'm new to using the CBFM and am already a fan even though my first cycle I didn't ovulate at least I knew because of the monitor and it helps me feed my POAS addiction haha!

Do you mind me asking how much AC you took?

:)

I'm glad I came upon this post. I just started drinking red raspberry tea and taking evening primrose, but I will definitely try the things you mentioned. It's getting frustrating. Thank you!

Congrats Londongirl! I also had much luck with AC and am carrying a Vitex baby after years of ttc! It took me about 3 weeks to ovulate before and I had a short luteal phase and AC took my O date to cd 14 the first cycle! There are a few gals in first trimester who conceived on one of their first two cycles on AC so it seems to really help a lot of gals.

BTW as far as PCOS agnus castus is one of the most effective non prescription options for women. My friend with pcos just came off a cocktail of fertility drugs including Clomid because it was wreaking havoc with her body and successfully ovulated on vitex for the first time in her life w/o fertility drugs! She is currently waiting to see if she caught the eggy so fingers crossed for her.

Happy and healthy 9 months to you:happydance:

Congratulations Londongirl! H&H 9 months to you!! Also thanks for the PMA, I'm new to using the CBFM and am already a fan even though my first cycle I didn't ovulate at least I knew because of the monitor and it helps me feed my POAS addiction haha!

Do you mind me asking how much AC you took?

:)

Of course good question :)

I took 2 x 400mg tablets in the morning and 2 at night so that's 1200mg! It starts tasting a little unpallatable after a while (!!), but that dose was recommended and certainly worked.

Good luck!!!

Londongirl I remember you from awhile back. I took about 18 months or so off of this site but am back now with tons of questions as we are starting infertility testing...but omg congratulations!!!! I'm so hoping that this is a sticky for you!!!

Wow how exciting! Congratulations wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!

what is vitex and AC? Can it be found at stores like WalMart and target?

Wow how exciting! Congratulations wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!

what is vitex and AC? Can it be found at stores like WalMart and target?

I would not get any vitamin at walmart or target. I would suggest a vitamin store. You will pay more, but your vitamins will be pure and the iron in them (if it exists) won't make you sick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->